• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Evo 4G discontinued?

When I went and got an EVO this weekend, I asked about the white version for my wife and I was met with a hearty laugh. The rep said they just got an internal email that morning saying all the white EVOs are "in the Bermuda Triangle" and said if she wanted a white EVO, get a black one and buy a white case. Apparently they're way understocked or having problems with manufacturing..kinda like that fabled white IPhone.

I've also heard that. Wild story huh?

Upvote 0
I purchased my white evo in July. 2 days after I purchased it I went to exchange it because it was EXTREMELY overheating to the point where the phone could not be held. When I went to exchange it I was able to get another white evo (I am on my 2nd one) 2 weeks after getting the 2nd one I had to call BB again for another one because the phone was overheating soo much that it was interfering with the speaker. BB told me that I would be called when they received the phone in stock. This was in August. I called Today to see what was going on and the Mobile manager informed me that the White evos are discontinued due to Overheating issues. This information was given to me today on Oct 17 and I live in Florida so it has been confirmed that NOONE will carry the white EVO. Your best bet is to try to get one off of Ebay or something GOOD LUCK...

PS: I got my phone in Aug and I did not add the warrantee on it and because I have the WHITE EVO and it is discontinued due to an issue BEST BUY is allowing exchanges. So if you have the WHITE EVO with issues you should be able to exchange it for a black one with no problem.

Upvote 0
Just today I picked up a replacement evo cuz mine was freezing alot and restarting and we took it to a Sprint store not a Best Buy and they said it would take a few days. Well I went to pick it up today and it was a white evo! I really like it actually but to answer the question I dont think its discontinued but idk if getting it thru Sprint has anything to do with it and which I thought white evos were just thru Best Buy but Im not complaing

I work for sprint and usually when they sell you a phone they THEY DO NOT CARRY, it only means that the phone was RETURNED to that store. So you may want to check it out because SPRINT has NO ACCESS to the white evo...

Upvote 0
i called best buy corporate today which is 1800bestbuy and i spoke to a rep for an hour. i explained to him that i have been on the waiting list for 2 months now and every time i call a best buy there is conflicting answers as to if the phone is discontinued or not. the rep told me that the orders will be fulfilled in october and that they are not discontinued. they are just having a hard time manufacturing the phones? what the heck is going on here?

Upvote 0
I broke my white evo friday night and didnt have insurance (thought i was SOL) Went to the sprint store Saturday and they told me i could order a refurb for 119. Happy i didnt get insurance just to pay $7 a month and $100 on top to replace my phone.

Anyways i put a order in Saturday and Monday my refurb white evo was in. Shocked i got a white as a refurb but its better then my last phone. No light leaks! BTW my Best Buy has some white Evo's so they are out in the wild.

Upvote 0
I broke my white evo friday night and didnt have insurance (thought i was SOL) Went to the sprint store Saturday and they told me i could order a refurb for 119. Happy i didnt get insurance just to pay $7 a month and $100 on top to replace my phone.

Anyways i put a order in Saturday and Monday my refurb white evo was in. Shocked i got a white as a refurb but its better then my last phone. No light leaks! BTW my Best Buy has some white Evo's so they are out in the wild.

what area you from? so if your best buy still has them does that mean they might be still active? bc if it was discontinued due to overheating issues wouldnt best buy pull them off the shelves and send them back to the warehouse?

Upvote 0
I purchased my white evo in July. 2 days after I purchased it I went to exchange it because it was EXTREMELY overheating to the point where the phone could not be held. When I went to exchange it I was able to get another white evo (I am on my 2nd one) 2 weeks after getting the 2nd one I had to call BB again for another one because the phone was overheating soo much that it was interfering with the speaker. BB told me that I would be called when they received the phone in stock. This was in August. I called Today to see what was going on and the Mobile manager informed me that the White evos are discontinued due to Overheating issues. This information was given to me today on Oct 17 and I live in Florida so it has been confirmed that NOONE will carry the white EVO. Your best bet is to try to get one off of Ebay or something GOOD LUCK...

PS: I got my phone in Aug and I did not add the warrantee on it and because I have the WHITE EVO and it is discontinued due to an issue BEST BUY is allowing exchanges. So if you have the WHITE EVO with issues you should be able to exchange it for a black one with no problem.

Have 2 white and 1 black evo NEVER had over heating issues with any of them!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones