Who knows what this D icon means under the 3G?Support

1. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Could not get an answer from samsung level 3 support and verizon level 2 support.The only time I've seen this icon described is on the old razr's.

Advertisement
    :
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

D=Data. So you either have 3G with the arrows when you send and receive data. Or 3G/D when you arent sending and receiving data; which just means you have a 3G signal available and can send and receive 3G data. If you lose 3G signal it goes to 1X of course.
  3. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

So the D will also show up on 1x?
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Based on memory I think so but Im not positive
  5. erasmogjr

erasmogjr Member

Doesnt it mean dormant as in no data is being sent so the connection is dormant. I remember finding that with another one of my android phones I think it was the hero. I will see if I can find the icon sheet I found it once with the hero.
  6. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

The D is actualy for Digital based on another phone which actual tells what this is in it s menus. So it has todo with actual call and nothing todo with data. So I'm guesting it represents when it's on analog signal and digital?
  7. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I always wondered about this.
  8. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Ok how about this, does everyone see the D then?
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sometimes and I can confirm the D shows up for 1X as well, sometimes
  10. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure D stands for Dormant and only shows when neither 3g nor 1x is currently or actively in use.

And yeah, I get it all the time...unless I'm sending/receiving.
  11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah thats confirmed D when not sending and receiving or the two arrows when data is transmitting. Ok D for Dormant makes sense to me.
  12. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Finally after an hour Verizon send me to the their top techs an was confirmed that the D icon stands for Digital signal as to call quality not data but its not listed on most manuals.
  13. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

That's weird that they'd use the same spot for Digital call signal as they do for send/receive 3g or 1x data.

Actually, you know what, in terms of cellphone provider's lacking consistency and intuitive user-interfaces...that isn't surprising at all.

=)
  14. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

The D means digital and it shows when your data is dormant. When data is active you see the arrows. When its dormant you see the D.
  15. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

That's a D? It's so tiny, how can you even tell. LOL. Even with my glasses on I would never have guessed that itty bitty grey shape was a D.