• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's Pre-Ordering?

I am in the Middle East, and while we used to previously get the Exynos version, this time it seems we are getting the Snapdragon.

Asked the local Samsung store and they confirmed as Snapdragon.

Seems like the Exynos is for the UK and Europe according to gsmarena
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s22_series_chipset_breakdown_by_region-news-53099.php

That is a bit interesting. Because historically, Samsung only used Qualcomm's Snapdragon for certain markets, was AFAIK because the need to be compatible with CDMA/EV-DO networks, like Verizon in the US, China Telecom in the PRC, and DoCoMo in Japan.

The IP, patents, etc. for CDMA/EV-DO tech belongs to Qualcomm and has to be licensed from them, which is I guess why Samsung's own Exynos never supported it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
will be trading in the flip3 for the 1tb version of the s22. always unlocked. always from sammy.

i initially sold my note 20 ultra for the flip 3 because i wanted to see how it fared in my universe. well, it is not ready for my use case. the battery was sub par, no dex, poor image sensors, but the form factor was really nice.

ive been a note user since the 3 and was sad to see the note "retire". the s22 ultra , which to me is a rebadged note 22 ultra, should be a better performer than the flip in my universe, so that was a no brainer, but no way am i trading in the fold 3 for it. thre fold 3 is still the cats pajamas.

so the s22 1tb will be used alongside my trap phone, the fold 3, and the 1tb ifruit 13 pro max. i bought the ifruit just for the cameras (iphoneography). the fact you can shoot apple prores on a phone is uh-may-zing!

Upvote 0
That is a bit interesting. Because historically, Samsung only used Qualcomm's Snapdragon for certain markets, was AFAIK because the need to be compatible with CDMA/EV-DO networks, like Verizon in the US, China Telecom in the PRC, and DoCoMo in Japan.

The IP, patents, etc. for CDMA/EV-DO tech belongs to Qualcomm and has to be licensed from them, which is I guess why Samsung's own Exynos never supported it.

That's interesting. I know Korea at a time used to be on a CDMA network. Whenever I used to travel it was frustrating since I couldn't use a GSM phone and had to have a separate phone for the network. This is not the case anymore.

Anyways, in a way I'm looking forward to the Snapdragon version this time, although the Exynos 2200 is supposed to heaps and bounds better than previous. But simply put, I'm just looking forward to the S22 Ultra as my new Note replacement.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
I've been rocking my SGN8 since the SGN7 Fire Days:rolleyes: I love the Note 8, but the memory was filling up and no matter how much I cleaned it and moved things to the external card, the phone keeps "auto deleting" things and I'm NOT happy about that! My phone company says that they wished that it didn't do that (known issue). So:

Galaxy S22, 1TB (Unlocked) SM-S908UZKNXAA
$1,479.99
Discount: $120.00

Galaxy Buds Pro, Phontom Black SM-R190NZKAXAR
$0.00
Discount: $199.99

Galaxy S22 Ultra Leather Cover, Black EF-VS908LBEGUS
$0.00
Discount: $49.99

Spotify 3 months free Model Number: SPOTIFY_3 Open and log in to Spotify app on your new device. Go to 'Premium' tab > Select 'Spotify Premium for Samsung' to redeem.
$0.00
Discount: $29.97

6 Months Free of SiriusXM Streaming Model Number: SIRIUSXM_PREMIER Go to the Members app on your eligible device and click on banner to head to SiriusXM page (siriusxm.com/samsung-devices)
$0.00

YouTube Premium – 4 Months Free Model Number: YOUTUBE_PREMIUM_4MONTH Open and log in to YouTube app on your new device. Go to My Account > Get YouTube Premium to redeem.
$0.00
Discount: $47.96

Payment Summary
Subtotal $1,479.99
Shipping $0.00
Taxes $99.90
Total Savings $447.91
Promo Code - $169.99
Promotional Discount(s) $150.00
Bundle Discount $77.93
Total $1,579.89

Last edited:
Reactions: ZepTepi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I've been rocking my SGN8 since the SGN7 Fire Days:rolleyes: I love the Note 8, but the memory was filling up and no matter how much I cleaned it and moved things to the external card, the phone keeps "auto deleting" things and I'm NOT happy about that! My phone company says that they wished that it didn't do that (known issue). So:

Galaxy S22, 1TB (Unlocked) SM-S908UZKNXAA
$1,479.99
Discount: $120.00

Galaxy Buds Pro, Phontom Black SM-R190NZKAXAR
$0.00
Discount: $199.99

Galaxy S22 Ultra Leather Cover, Black EF-VS908LBEGUS
$0.00
Discount: $49.99

Spotify 3 months free Model Number: SPOTIFY_3 Open and log in to Spotify app on your new device. Go to 'Premium' tab > Select 'Spotify Premium for Samsung' to redeem.
$0.00
Discount: $29.97

6 Months Free of SiriusXM Streaming Model Number: SIRIUSXM_PREMIER Go to the Members app on your eligible device and click on banner to head to SiriusXM page (siriusxm.com/samsung-devices)
$0.00

YouTube Premium – 4 Months Free Model Number: YOUTUBE_PREMIUM_4MONTH Open and log in to YouTube app on your new device. Go to My Account > Get YouTube Premium to redeem.
$0.00
Discount: $47.96

Payment Summary
Subtotal $1,479.99
Shipping $0.00
Taxes $99.90
Total Savings $447.91
Promo Code - $169.99
Promotional Discount(s) $150.00
Bundle Discount $77.93
Total $1,579.89

That is too much for a phone that will not last more than maybe a couple of years. Plus the battery will begin to degrade about a year of use. But there a people out there with that kind of cash flow that will gobble up the phones (Samsung is already sold out of some versions of the S22); I will stick with my Note 20 Ultra 5G

Upvote 0
What flaws did the phone have for not to "end up" with the phone?
Sorry, I was thinking of the S20 Ultra, I forgot how confusing Samsung likes to be. Forgot there was 2 versions of the Note, lol (which in itself is silly)
But I always thought the Note lineup was silly and not needed, but I won't get on that soapbox now. :D
That is too much for a phone that will not last more than maybe a couple of years. Plus the battery will begin to degrade about a year of use. But there a people out there with that kind of cash flow that will gobble up the phones (Samsung is already sold out of some versions of the S22); I will stick with my Note 20 Ultra 5G

Degrade after a year? Nope, don't think so, not unless you purposefully try to ruin a battery. If that is true then your 2 year old phone must only last around 20min or so? ;)

But as is always true, getting a new phone doesn't make sense to a lot of people. And we need less E-waste so always glad to hear people keeping phones.

Upvote 0
Well, I think I got a pretty good deal, along with the other items and discounts. It could have been a lot more.

"A couple of years"? No sir. I got the SGN8 when it first came out. Prior to that, I had the SGN3. It has been MANY years between those 2 phones, and this new one coming, and I've enjoyed both of them. You're on a Note 20? I skipped that along with the Note 10, Note 9, Note 7 (most of us skipped this one), Note 5, and other intermediate phones that came out.

This Galaxy S22 will last me a very long time, so I think that the value (and research), and expertise in this forum will help me to have MANY years of enjoyment since I am willing to hold on to a phone and not buy every edition.

I don't necessarily have the "cash flow", but this device will surely make my work life and personal life a lot easier.

Happy Wednesday,
Duckster

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I think I got a pretty good deal, along with the other items and discounts. It could have been a lot more.

"A couple of years"? No sir. I got the SGN8 when it first came out. Prior to that, I had the SGN3. It has been MANY years between those 2 phones, and this new one coming, and I've enjoyed both of them. You're on a Note 20? I skipped that along with the Note 10, Note 9, Note 7 (most of us skipped this one), Note 5, and other intermediate phones that came out.

This Galaxy S22 will last me a very long time, so I think that the value (and research), and expertise in this forum will help me to have MANY years of enjoyment since I am willing to hold on to a phone and not buy every edition.

I don't necessarily have the "cash flow", but this device will surely make my work life and personal life a lot easier.

Happy Wednesday,
Duckster

What I meant by "a couple of years" is that you have to charge the phone more than once a day. If I pay $1,000s for a phone I expect it to last all day and not have to charge the phone multiple times a day. The "all day battery life" only last for about a year or so; after that the phone will die in the middle of the day if it is not charge during the day.

Upvote 0
What I meant by "a couple of years" is that you have to charge the phone more than once a day. If I pay $1,000s for a phone I expect it to last all day and not have to charge the phone multiple times a day. The "all day battery life" only last for about a year or so; after that the phone will die in the middle of the day if it is not charge during the day.

Again I would 100% disagree with this. For a bunch of reasons, but most importantly because I have a 1 year old S21 Ultra that I end every day with over 40-50% battery. This isn't going to magically change throughout the year. There is natural degradation yes, as there is in all rechargeable battery devices, but you are talking an absolute extreme and that just isn't how it works.

Upvote 0
Again I would 100% disagree with this. For a bunch of reasons, but most importantly because I have a 1 year old S21 Ultra that I end every day with over 40-50% battery. This isn't going to magically change throughout the year. There is natural degradation yes, as there is in all rechargeable battery devices, but you are talking an absolute extreme and that just isn't how it works.

I am impressed that you get that much battery life at the end of the day. If I do not charge my phone at least once during the day it runs out of battery before I get home from work. I have done as much troubleshooting as I could but in the end the result is the same.

Upvote 0
I am impressed that you get that much battery life at the end of the day. If I do not charge my phone at least once during the day it runs out of battery before I get home from work. I have done as much troubleshooting as I could but in the end the result is the same.
Lithium batteries are forever finicky, so the only thing you can say with certainty is EVERYONE'S experience *may* be different. But I think you can generally bank on 2 years without any significant change. Of course, many things play a factor, wireless charging, fast charging, etc. If you 45w charge a phone overnight every night the battery would massively suffer against a phone that charged at say, 10w every night etc etc etc....

So it's just one of those things ultimately.

You could just have a crap battery, or it gets to hot where you charge it, or too cold, blah blah....

Upvote 0
you should probably wait another year mate.

I'm no longer considering that because the replacement phone Verizon sent me isn't working properly. It's the 3rd N10+ I've had in the last 5 months. I've also had a multitude of issues with Verizon so I think it's time to change both both device and carrier.

Upvote 0
I'm no longer considering that because the replacement phone Verizon sent me isn't working properly. It's the 3rd N10+ I've had in the last 5 months. I've also had a multitude of issues with Verizon so I think it's time to change both both device and carrier.

I'd at least go with an unlocked device, makes switching carriers much easier if you still feel the need to.

Upvote 0
I thought I'd never get to the actual order page but I finally managed it late in the afternoon on the 18th. They were already out of some of the accessories for the day but all in all I'm not unhappy with what I am getting for what I paid. I'm trading in my Note 10 Plus and am not looking forward to the new physical layout but I'll get used to it. I just wish they'd stop putting the power key on the same side as the volume. I can't count how many times I've turned the screen off whenI was trying to adjust the volume. And of course, bought through Samsung, unlocked, carrier free as have been my last several phones.

Upvote 0
My Ultra has been delayed. Stopped by the Best Buy to check up on it and they said it was there but the shipment hadn't been sorted/processed. Hopefully tomorrow. :mad:

My Ultra has been delayed. Stopped by the Best Buy to check up on it and they said it was there but the shipment hadn't been sorted/processed. Hopefully tomorrow. :mad:

Still no phone nor an expected ETA. Getting frustrated.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones