• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whose in IT?

Whose in IT?

• I am/will be in an IT/Computer Related Field

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • I am not you freakin nerds

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
You've got to be at least a little nerdy to have even heard of the G1 (or be a close reader of the Technology section of the WSJ, I guess).

You average consumer isn't going to care about a phone that none of their friends have and isn't in any ads... yet.

Thats true. I posted about it a while ago when i pre-ordered my G1 on a local car forum I'm on. They frequently talk about new phones/technology etc. When i posted about the G1 i got 0 replies, lol.

Wonder why T-Mobile is keeping this on the D/L. I've seen commercials on TV already for the Blackberry storm...

Upvote 0
You'll learn soon enough to jump off that sinking ship ;)
Never! I've put too much time into it to justify a jump. It'll take a long time before they sink. I figure I'll have retired by that point, if it happens.

Plus, SharePoint owns all. There's no better platform (Android included) to be developing for. Granted, comparing SharePoint to Android is like comparing apples to oranges, but I love it (although I'm in a world or pissed off right now with some stupid string concatination stuff).

Upvote 0
/raises hand.

Although, I probably won't go Android until Verizon takes the plunge.

:(

<--CDN & networks!

Phases: Are you holding out due to no 3G in the area? I live in Knoxville and think I am taking the plunge to T-Mobile. We will see how my 14 day grace period goes. Currently w/ AT&T so not that much of change since T-Mobile defaults to their towers.

Upvote 0
Just made my mark in the IT field but I have ran my own business for a couple years. One of my clients I Admin their network remotely, and a couple of business I provide onsite when i can. But mostly, I am doing entry level IT work on the corporate side (mostly Desktop Support) and working contracts here and there.

Just signed a 6 month with Xerox for Field Tech. Can't wait to start this one.

Upvote 0
I bought the phone because the iPhone *cough* sucks due to the lack of buttons. I need a keyboard and buttons plenty of buttons!:) Oh ya, I am a Linux freak! Long live Linus Torvalds!:D AND Micro$oft sucks
Don't knock the providers of my pay :), however indirect they may be. I'm about to plunge deeper into the Linux environment. I'm debating switching my desktop to Ubuntu Server.

I'm only doing that, though, because I can't afford a legit copy of Win Server 03 and I don't care for the "other" method.

Upvote 0
Just made my mark in the IT field but I have ran my own business for a couple years. One of my clients I Admin their network remotely, and a couple of business I provide onsite when i can. But mostly, I am doing entry level IT work on the corporate side (mostly Desktop Support) and working contracts here and there.

Just signed a 6 month with Xerox for Field Tech. Can't wait to start this one.
Are you located in Canada? I thought that Xerox left USA due to decline of sales here. Have i been mis-informed?:eek: Also, i work for my father as a network admin/ graphics design/ desktop support...the list goes on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones