• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why do I get UK google search results on......

agag

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
I have a debranded Desire, originally sold by Telus in Canada, which I updated to Froyo using the instructions on this site. Everything works fine except that all google search results post UK based urls, rather than US and local search results. I have Google settings to remember my location but I cannot figure out to stop this from happening. It happens using the google search button or when using a bookmarked google web page. PLEASE help!!

I have a debranded Desire, originally sold by Telus in Canada, which I updated to Froyo using the instructions on this site. Everything works fine except that all google search results post UK based urls, rather than US and local search results. I have Google settings to remember my location but I cannot figure out to stop this from happening. It happens using the google search button or when using a bookmarked google web page. PLEASE help!!
See my reply in the troubleshooting area...this is a duplicate post.
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones