• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does Launcher Pro Plus need my physical address?

ZDroid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2010
When I try to purchase Launcher Pro Plus, the resulting paypal screen refuses to let me pay without providing my address.

Why do I have to provide my physical address for downloadable content?

I think I will just have to not support the developer in this instance.

The dev is the best and most responsive I've ever dealt with. I've never seen a negative comment about his business practices, much less received spam from him (electronic or otherwise). While I can sort of understand a reluctance to provide info that isn't 100% necessary, it's your address, which you've undoubtedly provided to dozens of online retailers over the years. It's your privacy and your right to protect it, but this sounds like excessive paranoia to me (and I get eye rolls from my SO all the time about how careful I am about protecting our info).

BTW, have you emailed the dev and asked why he wants it? This would be the best way to get your answer.

Upvote 0
I've never met an online retailer who uses paypal as a payment method that doesn't require your physical address. I'm pretty sure to be a "verified" user of paypal you have to have your address in there. Your address isn't really private information like we'd like to think. If someone wants the information it's very easy to get through public records.

Looking at the feedback this developer has I wouldn't hesitate to give him my address.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones