• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cmantelope

Nov 11, 2009
Seen some posts re sounds like the phone is not worth trying....I can understand, I like to do truckloads of research before I buy too...but this time, I pre-ordered, and although this is not a review...more of a sequel to my early post of "Why I want to marry my phone" -

My current setup goes like this:

Using Gmail, and although had a weird day where it didn't push...all is well now, and I don't know how I lived without push email on my phone before

Speak to text in every typing area WOW!! - great for on the go navigation

Using Pandora in the car, with Bracketron usb dual power mount - so I can charge phone while listening to Pandora - also using "Screen On Widget" - to keep screen on during Pandora - bought short usb cable from monprice.com - perfect set up for me

Smart cube live wallpaper - with personalized pics on the rotating cube...and htc (great pic of the back of the phone) as a background pic for the cube to rotate on

Weatherbug small widget - and digital clock (simple iphone looking clock)

"No Lock" - widget - hate unlocking my screen...now I don't have too

Android Power panel - love just tapping my bluetooth icon, paired with Blueant ST3 Speaker- so easy

Had weird problem with camera, (black screen) but not lately at all - love uploading videos straight to Youtube...makes it easy for the relatives to keep up with my teenagers

Also, rocking the red/black gradient case!! - yes, there is a small section on the side, where the two halves are just barely not lined up perfectly, but it doesn't bother me, and I don't think I want to even try a different case now - it looks perfect

Favorite tip...pressing sync, to unsync (on the power panel) - at night so as not to be disturbed with email/txts...but still get calls

That's all for now - so thrilled to live in the days of rapidly growing technology - and if you are on the fence about this phone, I personally have excellent call quality/signal -

Only thing that would make my joy complete would be to purchase the non-glare Steinhil screen...using Verizon screen protector now...too much glare

CM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones