• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why is my EVO download speed so slow?

mitchellvii

Jun 21, 2010
I am running an N wireless network in my house. My computer is getting 90% signal and about 7 mbps download. If I set my EVO down right next to it (running CM6 nightlies), I am getting almost no signal and DL speed of only 1.5 mbps.

Ok, not to ask a stupid question, but since they are both on N, why is my computer getting so much better signal and faster download?

Ok, just went downstairs to the wireless router and stood right next to it. THEN is get 6 mbps just about like my computer.

I am guessing the difference is just that the radio in my phone has so much less juice it just cant suck in the signal like my desktop can.

** Update - This is almost funny. Just help a piece of tinfoil above my phone upstairs and the signal jumped from 1.5 mbps to 5 mbps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones