Why is my EVO download speed so slow?Support

Last Updated:

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running an N wireless network in my house. My computer is getting 90% signal and about 7 mbps download. If I set my EVO down right next to it (running CM6 nightlies), I am getting almost no signal and DL speed of only 1.5 mbps.

Ok, not to ask a stupid question, but since they are both on N, why is my computer getting so much better signal and faster download?

Advertisement
  2. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, just went downstairs to the wireless router and stood right next to it. THEN is get 6 mbps just about like my computer.

I am guessing the difference is just that the radio in my phone has so much less juice it just cant suck in the signal like my desktop can.

** Update - This is almost funny. Just help a piece of tinfoil above my phone upstairs and the signal jumped from 1.5 mbps to 5 mbps!

3. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

The download speeds of the Evo are very funny... in an area where I typically get 2.0mb down, I'm barely pushing .6 mbs... something is going on.

4. Cleetis

Cleetis Member

Thats odd. I just got 11 down and 5 up. Never really had any issues. I am not rooted nor have I done any major mods if that helps/matters. I have also noticed that since froyo, I can get full signal 10-15 farther from my house then I could before.

5. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

My Wifi download speeds are looking normal somehow... but when I'm on 3G it shows I have .60mb down when I should have 1.6-2.1 mbs down. Anyone esle going thru this?