• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 so slow?

cercig3173

Lurker
Oct 2, 2015
Hi. I have a 2 years old mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Android version 4.3, JellyBean.

Around 6-7 months ago I started to realize that my phone started to operate very slowly as if 10-20 apps are running in the background.

One possible reason is that I had so many unnecessary apps were installed in my phone, but I uninstalled all of them (and I deleted the cache for them at the same time), but it continued being slow even after this big "clean-up".

Now I am cheching the memory, and the information in the phone is like:
Total internal memory = 16 GB (no external memory).
System memory = 4,56 GB
Used memory = 6,50 GB
Cache data = 1,35 GB
Available memory = 3,54 GB

There is total 1 GB RAM. 772 MB is in use and around 90 MB is available.

I guess that this small 90 MB ram is slowing down my phone. But I don't use any application now. Those apps which are running in the background are just Facebook, and some Google processes. Their total RAM useage doesn't exceed 100 MB (I can see the list).

So does anyone have any idea about what happened with my phone?
Thanks in advance...

You can download Avast, run a scan, you can download Malwarebytes and run a scan. You probably just have a huge build up of cache, and temp BS.

You can also turn the phone off, hold home volume up, and power and when you see the Samsung logo, and the lettering pop up in the corner let go of the power button only, and you'll go into the recovery menu. Choose the option that says wipe cache data, and then select reboot device. This can help speed up a slow phone as it wipes some cache but you'll still want to download a cache cleaner app that cleans app cache. I use CCleaner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones