• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why is text on web pages so small?

rlb4

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
NJ
I was looking at the Captivate and the iphone4 in store today and when comparing the same web pages in full page view the text on the Captivate was much smaller than the iphone4, even though the iphone screen is smaller. Zoom just made everything bigger so it wasn't in full page anymore. Is there a way to make the text bigger while in full page view? On a side note, that iphone4 screen is super sharp for text and the whites were much whiter vs the blueish tint on the Captivate.

Double tap just zooms in. It does not keep the full page view. Check out this comparison with the iphone4. Go to 5:15 and 8:00 in the video to see what I mean about the iphone text being bigger in full page view and also what double tap does. I thought I read somewhere you could change the text size in the browser.

YouTube - Browser Speed Test! Captivate, iPhone 4, Nexus One!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones