• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Netflix Isn't On Android -- per netflix

I'm just glad that I simply refuse to watch movies on a 4 inch screen, so this turns out to not be an issue for me. ;)

Its not only about that, its about being able to connect it to an HDTV for the phones that can like the EVO.

I can stream on my desktop but its not even close to my TV to be able to connect it and its not super big like a big TV. With the Netflix streaming on my EVO and the HDMI cable I can watch it on any HDTV and its very portable.

Upvote 0
Its not only about that, its about being able to connect it to an HDTV for the phones that can like the EVO.

I can stream on my desktop but its not even close to my TV to be able to connect it and its not super big like a big TV. With the Netflix streaming on my EVO and the HDMI cable I can watch it on any HDTV and its very portable.

Thats why I ran a Cat6 cable to my TV/Home Theater, connected back to my NAS. Much easier to manage that way.

Upvote 0
The problem is the OS, not the devices... I am willing to bet that Netflix needs updates to the operating system that will come in either 2.3 or 3.0, and any phone that gets the updates software will be able to get the app and stream from netflix. They aren't going to try to limit who can download their app and use their service - doesn't make any sense whatsoever...

Upvote 0
so why is Crackle on the market place then? They should do it the same way as this app. Netflix is just making crap up.

Much of what Crackle is offering are old movies and old t.v. shows. They have nothing to lose if its hacked. Netflix on the other hand is the opposite.

I can't wait for Gingerbread. I know for sure they have everything sorted out and the Devs will finally have confidence of releasing their apps. Ex: Plants vs. Zombies, Netflix, More Gameloft games

Upvote 0
Because if someone is going to pirate a movie... they're going to go through the trouble of capturing the ultra-low-res uber-lossy-compressed streaming Netflix version designed for mobile phones versus any of the existing channels they can get a high-def 720p or 1080p version off the internet?

...yeah. Netflix is wasting its time and making excuses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones