Why No Calendar - Galaxy S4General

1. tomohawk

tomohawk Well-Known Member

I've just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 (had a Galaxy Ace) and cannot find a Calendar app (which was on the Ace).
    I've tries App Store and there does not seem to be one.

Any Ideas.

Running Android 4.2.2

Advertisement
  2. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Try Jorte.
  3. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Don't know where it is, but every S4 I've seen has a stock calendar app.

You may have your app drawer set to view downloaded items only. Go to the app drawer, tap the Menu soft button and tap View Type. Choose alphabetical grid or list and see if it doesn't show up.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

The stock Samsung calendar app is called S Planner.
  5. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

Or go to your Google search bar and start typing calendar. It'll show up.
  6. BigRedGonzo

I guess that depends on carrier. I'm with Verizon, in the States, and mine is called Calendar. My wife has a Note II (also on Verizon) and her's is called S Planner. So Tomohawk, you better check for both.
  7. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Mine has a calendar app.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Calendar is a Google app. S Planner is a Samsung app. :)
  9. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

10. tomohawk

Thanks for all the replies. Tried S Calendar and hated it. Did a search for Google Calendar and downloaded it. That was the one that came with my Samsung Ace, so I'm sorted now. By the way, Is there not a facility not to synchronise calendar with ANY other calendar? I don't want to sync., but looks like I must choose one at least. What is the meaning of "My Calendar"
  11. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Go to System Settings, Accounts - Google - select the e-mail address on top of the screen, and it will take you to SYNC options. Uncheck your Calendar sync.

"My Calendar" the calendar stored locally on the phone.
  12. tomohawk

13. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

I too like and use "Google Calendar" instead of the stock Samsung Calendar. My reason is, Google Calendar allows me to set a DEFAULT REMINDER TIME that I want, Samsung does not.
  14. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

My Samsung, SPlanner, calendar is set up to sync and display only my Google calendars and their reminders. IMHO, the SPlanner format and display is much better than the spartan stock Android, Google, calendar.
  15. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

Cozi is nice too.
  16. BigRedGonzo

I have a Verizon Branded S4 and my Wife has the Verizon Branded Note II. My phone has Calendar as the calendar app, my Wife's phone has S Planner as the calendar app and when you open them side by side they are Exactly Identical.

**Edit**
    We are both using the stock app that came on the phone.
    DanDroide likes this.
  17. RodneyK19505

RodneyK19505 New Member

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it has S Planner as the calendar.
    Included are 3 widgets which you use to display events.
    I use the large one (5
  18. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

My favourite is aCalendar. It's nicely laid out and free and also comes with a rather nice widget. I have become increasingly disillusioned with Google (the recent forced YouTube/Google+ integration is the straw that broke the camel's back) and I don't want to use Google Calendar but aCalendar works very nicely with a local calendar or a CalDAV calendar (which is what I use).
  19. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

My Calendar.apk is the stock Google calendar (the same one that comes with GAPPS). Not sure why your carrier would rename your S Calendar app.
  20. RodneyK19505

RodneyK19505 New Member