• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why No Calendar - Galaxy S4

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. Tried S Calendar and hated it. Did a search for Google Calendar and downloaded it. That was the one that came with my Samsung Ace, so I'm sorted now. By the way, Is there not a facility not to synchronise calendar with ANY other calendar? I don't want to sync., but looks like I must choose one at least. What is the meaning of "My Calendar"

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. Tried S Calendar and hated it. Did a search for Google Calendar and downloaded it. That was the one that came with my Samsung Ace, so I'm sorted now. By the way, Is there not a facility not to synchronise calendar with ANY other calendar? I don't want to sync., but looks like I must choose one at least. What is the meaning of "My Calendar"

Go to System Settings, Accounts - Google - select the e-mail address on top of the screen, and it will take you to SYNC options. Uncheck your Calendar sync.

"My Calendar" the calendar stored locally on the phone.

Upvote 0

I too like and use "Google Calendar" instead of the stock Samsung Calendar. My reason is, Google Calendar allows me to set a DEFAULT REMINDER TIME that I want, Samsung does not.

Upvote 0
Calendar is a Google app. S Planner is a Samsung app. :)

I have a Verizon Branded S4 and my Wife has the Verizon Branded Note II. My phone has Calendar as the calendar app, my Wife's phone has S Planner as the calendar app and when you open them side by side they are Exactly Identical.

**Edit**
We are both using the stock app that came on the phone.

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0
My favourite is aCalendar. It's nicely laid out and free and also comes with a rather nice widget. I have become increasingly disillusioned with Google (the recent forced YouTube/Google+ integration is the straw that broke the camel's back) and I don't want to use Google Calendar but aCalendar works very nicely with a local calendar or a CalDAV calendar (which is what I use).

Upvote 0
I have a Verizon Branded S4 and my Wife has the Verizon Branded Note II. My phone has Calendar as the calendar app, my Wife's phone has S Planner as the calendar app and when you open them side by side they are Exactly Identical.

**Edit**
We are both using the stock app that came on the phone.

My Calendar.apk is the stock Google calendar (the same one that comes with GAPPS). Not sure why your carrier would rename your S Calendar app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones