• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why no full screen option?

MisterEd

Android Expert
Apr 15, 2010
I notice this site sits in the "middle of my screen" with half of the screen empty with just a blue background. I've never seen Vbulletin "shrunk" like this.

Is there a setting I am missing to expand the forums to full width of my monitor as it is on every other forum I access? With most everyone going to large wide screen monitors these days it seems strange to have half my 27" screen empty.

Maybe it's just me so here is what I'm seeing (see attachment).

Attachments

• 5-31-2010 3-20-05 PM.jpg
    5-31-2010 3-20-05 PM.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 113
Yes I do and so do a huge number of people these days. But that has nothing to do with it. Virtually every computer sold these days including laptops are widescreen. Even on my kids old 4:3 monitor it's the same but not quite as bad. I frequent MANY VB (and other) forums and they all adjust to your display. They seem to have "hardcoded" the display size here rather then let it adjust. It has t be an option because there are dozens of other vBulletin forums that adjust to the screen width.

No big deal, I just wondered if I was missing some sort of setup option. It's a shame to waste all that space. That's why I got a 27" WS monitor. :)

Upvote 0
On my widescreen laptop I also get blue bars but it doesn't seem as bad as yours does. My old traditional screen has very very minimal bars on the sides.
That's because your laptop screen isn't 27" wide. :) The fact that the forum presentation software is fixed in size is probably the reason why there is less side-space on your laptop than on my 27" display. The forum has probably been optimized for a minimum 15" monitor and the larger it gets the more blue-space there is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones