Why no full screen option?

Last Updated:

1. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I notice this site sits in the "middle of my screen" with half of the screen empty with just a blue background. I've never seen Vbulletin "shrunk" like this.

Is there a setting I am missing to expand the forums to full width of my monitor as it is on every other forum I access? With most everyone going to large wide screen monitors these days it seems strange to have half my 27" screen empty.

Maybe it's just me so here is what I'm seeing (see attachment).

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Looks like you have a widescreen monitor.

It appears as though the site is made to be friendly with the non-widescreen users as well.

3. MisterEd

Yes I do and so do a huge number of people these days. But that has nothing to do with it. Virtually every computer sold these days including laptops are widescreen. Even on my kids old 4:3 monitor it's the same but not quite as bad. I frequent MANY VB (and other) forums and they all adjust to your display. They seem to have "hardcoded" the display size here rather then let it adjust. It has t be an option because there are dozens of other vBulletin forums that adjust to the screen width.

No big deal, I just wondered if I was missing some sort of setup option. It's a shame to waste all that space. That's why I got a 27" WS monitor. :)

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Well I hope you didn't get it to visit the forums, but that does show dedication.

On my widescreen laptop I also get blue bars but it doesn't seem as bad as yours does. My old traditional screen has very very minimal bars on the sides.

5. MisterEd

That's because your laptop screen isn't 27" wide. :) The fact that the forum presentation software is fixed in size is probably the reason why there is less side-space on your laptop than on my 27" display. The forum has probably been optimized for a minimum 15" monitor and the larger it gets the more blue-space there is.

6. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

I like it the way it is. It looks very professional.

7. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

It is this way on purpose, yes. To fit the width of the header and be uniformed from top to bottom.

:)

8. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

if it's really bothering you, just use greasemonkey to change it for yourself

9. MisterEd

Sure! Easy! Thanks for the suggestion. :confused:

If I need to be a script programmer (so it seems after looking at it) it won't happen. Sorry.