Why no "m.androidforums.com" ?

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now I know I can go to my profile settings and change the theme to "mobile", but here's the problem:

When I'm in a WiFi area, I like to view the site with all the bells and whistles, but when I'm using my crappy 3G connection, I'd like to use the mobile version of the site.

It would be a hassle to have to keep changing my profile settings based on where I am. Why not have a different URL for each so I can bookmark them both and visit the appropriate one based on my needs?

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The mobile skin doesn't really cut it for me, but like you said, the normal skin is pretty slow on 3G (even on HSDPA). So I started using the Opera Mini browser, which is quite a bit faster. It might be something you want to consider.

4. ZDroid1

Thanks for the link. Yeah I prefer the regular theme too, but sometimes my 3G connection is just painfully slow.

5. ZDroid1

That link actually changes my theme settings permanently to mobile.

6. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

On the bottom left corner of the page, there's a drop-down menu with two choices: "Phandroid skin" and "Af mobile". However, when you pick "Af mobile", you won't get this menu again so you'll have to click the "Back to Full HTML" link, again at the bottom. That way, you can easily switch whenever you want. I don't really see what the problem is.

Also, there's going to be an application for Android forums, however we don't know when it will be released to the general public.

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator