• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why no "m.androidforums.com" ?

ZDroid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2010
Now I know I can go to my profile settings and change the theme to "mobile", but here's the problem:

When I'm in a WiFi area, I like to view the site with all the bells and whistles, but when I'm using my crappy 3G connection, I'd like to use the mobile version of the site.

It would be a hassle to have to keep changing my profile settings based on where I am. Why not have a different URL for each so I can bookmark them both and visit the appropriate one based on my needs?

On the bottom left corner of the page, there's a drop-down menu with two choices: "Phandroid skin" and "Af mobile". However, when you pick "Af mobile", you won't get this menu again so you'll have to click the "Back to Full HTML" link, again at the bottom. That way, you can easily switch whenever you want. I don't really see what the problem is.

Also, there's going to be an application for Android forums, however we don't know when it will be released to the general public.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones