• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wi-fi Authenticating WPA/WPA2

wernejo

Lurker
Jan 23, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm still rather new to the android terminology so lets just assume i know nothing. (I do have know a bit about wi-fi setups and networking but for everyone's sake lets just start from square one?)

ok so heres the situation; i have an Acer a500 tablet running android V4.0.3 and kernel 2.6.39.4+

i've only had this tablet for a month now and am currently having issues connecting it to the wi-fi at work. my home internet works fine and i've also had it working fine on my friends internet.

when i try to conect to the network at work i get the following message: "authenticating... saved, secure with WPA/WPA2.... authentication problem"

our work network is running a watch guard firewall but i haven't had any issues with connecting my samsung galaxy phone.

i know there have been other posts around the net with this issue but i'm having trouble understanding them or getting their methods to work.

any help would be great

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones