• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help widget crash at startup

ggna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Hi.

RE: Samsung Galaxy (GT-I8150) running Android 2.3.6

At startup, while scanning memory and SD, all widgets disappear. Just the four links at the bottom of the desktop remain. I have to reboot and ... keep fingers crossed ;-)

Any hint or logfile to look at? Is there any way to just reset the desktop (anything similar to ctrl+alt+backspace in linux, to have the X server restart)?

Thanks,

G

Hi,
"glad" to hear that someone else is experiencing my same problem.

I haven't found any solution yet, though.

However, I've found empirically that, in order to reduce the frequency of those crashes, it helps somewhat:

(1) removing any "interactive" widget from the desktop (I removed AccuWeather, e-mail, Google bar; I kept only clock, calendar, and links to several apps), and:

(2) delaying the input of the PIN code for one's SIM as far as possible.

I interpret (2) as follows. At the end of the verification of the PIN code, some sort of reset of the desktop takes place. Therefore, it's best to let it happen after the system has verified all the internal memories etc.

Regards,

G

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones