Widget Observation.....

Last Updated:

1. Linoleum

Linoleum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am rooted, running CM6 nightlies (9/12).. and using Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets for the clock/weather goodness. I think the Hero, in general, hates running widgets. I have no lag anywhere, but whenever I add a widget or two, I get force closes and freezes. I've cranked up the cpu to 691, turned on JIT, makes no difference.

I'm not really worried about it, is anyone running multiple widgets... stutter free?

R.

Advertisement
  2. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

On both cm6 and zen-rom (fastest froyo and sense rom respectively IMHO) I don't really have to much lag when i have widgets, and i use all 7 screens with 4x4 or 4x2 widgets

3. Linoleum

Linoleum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, hmmm, maybe I have something set incorrectly. Are you using the surface dithering?

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I would probably uncheck and see if that works

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

can launcherpro's docks run widgets? wanted to put the cache cleaner in one..would be great if it could use the widget instead of the actual app :)

6. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

I have basically the same set up as the OP & the only problem I had with widgets was when I moved them to the SD card. I have 13 widgets on 6 screens, nothing bigger than 4x1 & 1x2

7. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Yeah, you really never want to move your widgets to your microSD card, in my opinion. That really screws with how fast they work and the general usefulness of them. You might get away with doing that for a couple, but start piling them on and things will get screwy fast. Either way it will reduce the performance of said widgets if you move them to your microSD card. ;)

This is a bit off topic: Yay, my three hundredth post. :D

8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

+1 to LB

Don't move the widgets to the sd card

9. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

I moved them right back because they weren't loading. Also, if you have apps in a folder & like their icons, don't move them to the SD card either. I love LB+ for the resizing of widgets. Surprised Google didn't think of that.

10. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

newb question: brace yourselves!!

since froyo..we can move apps to the sd card..before this..when flashing roms..you would have to partition the sd card..do you have to do this with froyo as well if you're flashing to something else since we can move them to the card, or we don't have to partition at all?