• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WidgetLocker doesn't wake up for incoming calls

dfwmerlin

Lurker
Jun 14, 2013
I have a brand new Alcatel One Touch 995 running stock ICS 4.0.4. I wanted notifications and the like on my lock screen, so I purchased and installed Widget Locker, NiLS and TeslaUnread.

All of that functionality is working just fine, and I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

Then I got my first call since installing WL, and I hit a snag. The phone was asleep with the screen blanked. The notification LED started flashing, and the ringtone played, but the screen stayed black. If I hit the power button it muted the ringtone and if I hit it again, the screen woke up and I can pull up to answer or decline the call.

I've narrowed it down to WL, I'm pretty sure. I disabled the NiLS accessibility service and removed the widget from my lock screen, but the problem persisted. I've rebooted my phone. The only thing that 'fixes' the problem is to disable WL.

I also figured out that the phone is waking up; it's just the screen that's not. When the phone is ringing, even though the display is black I can drag up from the bottom and tap the area of the screen where the answer button should be, and it will answer the phone.

My Googlefu is failing me, and I can't figure out what's going on. I really like WL and want to keep using it, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep it disabled until I can sort this issue out.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate some pointers.

Oh, and I'd REALLY like to stay stock. Pull my geek card if you must, but I'm just not that interested in rooting the phone.

Well, and now I think I've figured it out, or at least what works on my phone.

I ran across a thread elsewhere talking about luminosity issues, and having to use sysroot to change the luminosity of the phone. Wasn't my problem, but it got me to checking.

I had my brightness/luminosity set to full. I change it to 'auto' and lo and behold, phone notifications became visible. Not sure what it is about the luminosity settings that are affecting this, but I'll send a report in to the developer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones