wierd icon in my app drawer

Last Updated:

1. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have this icon in my app drawer and have no idea where it came from or what it belongs to. It looks like a figure wearing a ninja suit holding a rifle and it says superuser permissions under it. When I click on it all that shows up is a black screen and brings up nothing when I press the menu key. Any ideas on what it's from and how to remove it.

Advertisement
  2. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

it is a root application called exactly that. Superuser. It gives permission for root only apps to be able to run on your phone. Not sure how you got it on your phone if your not rooted. If you are rooted it probably came with one of the roms you flashed.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

lol, did you root by mistake? If it's blank that means you haven't given any superuser permissions to any apps (SetCPU, ROM Manager, Root Explorer etc). Otherwise like posted above, it'll list those apps you've given permission. Did you use the 1 click root app by the way?

4. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes. I tried the one click root. Uninstalled the application and then did the 2.2 force. Figured that would get rid of it but it didn't.

5. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity... try installing Root Explorer or Titanium Backup, something that requires root, and see if it works. It would be something if the OTA didn't reset root.