• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Error - Please Help

Lacian K

Sep 7, 2011
Hey Guys, completly new to this forum. And fairly new to the Rooting/Flashing Firmware etc side of stuff.

Heres My Problem.
Anytime I Try To Connect My Wifi I Get, "Error"

I recently Updated My Xperia x10 to 2.3.3, Then Decided To Root It, Install xRecovery And Then I Installed Wolfbreaks 2.3 ROM.
I had afew hiccups along the way, but always got passed them.

I Saw on a previous thread a guy was in the almost exact same position as me and fixed his problem by removing security on his hotspot. I tried this but no joy..

My Wifi And Data Were all working completely fine with this new ROM. Then I Decided to Flash 3 .zips using Xrecovery to boost my phone:
Bravia Engine And Xloud(add on for wolfs rom)
Google Apps(youtube, maps, Flash etc)
Flashfix(this was needed after flashing google apps)

After Reboot, My Wifi No Longer Connects(in fact, not just not connecting, i cant scan for wifi spots) I just get the message "error" but my Data is still working perfectly.

I think if it has nothing to do with this then, Busybox may be the problem. That was acting up with me aswel.
I installed busybox when i flashed rooted my 2.3 Gb update. it says "BusyboxVersion: 1.17.2" i think. Then on my Busy box app, it says "You dont have BusyBox, So i TRIED installing it. And it told me i actually did have versions of it. And that happend everytime.

before trying to install it says- No Busybox
During trying to install - You have busybox

then after flashing the .zips i tried again, i THINK it worked, But now when i try to open the Busybox App my phone freezed for afew secs and nothing happens. Sorry if ive just ranted out alot of useless info.

Any Suggestions, Links to threads or anything would be helpful.

Thank you in Advance. - Lacian K

Edit-

Just Checked My Busybox App Again. Now its saying,

Current BusyBox Version:
v1.19.2-Stericson

It must have installed then =)
Still have the same problem with Wifi. Its the same when i try to turn on hotspot tethering.
Just wer it would say

"Wifi-
Connected to (Modem)"

It says

"Wifi-
Error"

Thanks

I would try without the Sony Bravia and xCloud.

If I were you I would start from scratch again, but this time test after each update to see if wireless still works.

Something must have messed up during the install and flashing.

I highly doubt Busybox has anything to do with it.

Whatever you did must have messed something up along the way.

Problem is, the quickest way of fixing it is to simply start again.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replys guys.
Im convinced somethings up with my BusyBox anyway. Is there anyway to completely uninstall it?

id rather try that first because I hesitate to risk starting again flashing it etc, I was almost convinced I bricked it but miraculously pulled through.

Il definetly start from scratch again if needs must but I think that would be my last resort.

Oh infact, just had idea. I made a backup on Xrec. Il try restoring that, see wer that gets me then ill try bravia and xloud again and confirm if thats the problem.

And ric, I notice u have this problem to, but I thought yours was fixed when u changed your security settings? And also, do u have Bravia Engine and xLoud add on?

Upvote 0
To check for bravia and xLoud add ons simply go into settings then, display for bravia and sound for xLoud. They are both at the top in each menu and autoticked. And they do both work btw, especially xLoud. Let me know if you find them.

Did u flash the google apps.zip and flashfix.zip aswel?

Upvote 0
Lacian - I'm going through the exact same thing as you describe. I updated to WB 4.04 and WiFi was working fine. Then yesterday I saw the BusyBox installer icon in my app tray and being curious I clicked on it. It gave me the option to install 3 versions and I selected the most current. It installed fine however soon after I noticed that I had lost my WiFi. Since BusyBox gets installed automatically with Wolf's rom I guess reinstalling it on top is a bad idea. I'm going to try installing each of the earlier versions to see if that gets WiFi going and if that doesn't work I think I have a backup of WB's 4.00 or 3.5 that I'll reflash. BTW Wolf is also about to release V5 so if that comes out today perhaps installing it will fix this as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Have you flashed Bravia and xLoud aswel? Or the google apps pack?

had no idea he was releasing V5. Il definitely go check that out.

But thts you me nd angel, starting to look like it was busybox that did this.
The only reason I tried to install busybox as coz I watched the tutorial for getting wolfs rom and the guy installed it through the app aswel before the bravia add on. So thts why I did. -Lacian

Upvote 0
I read that aswel but, i couldn't see Bravia or xLoud anywhere. So i flashed the add on.

And google apps, it was for youtube, maps, flash etc. It took me a while to relise i was missing these apps.

Wel, ive restored in xrecovery. Wifi is back to normal. Im gona flash the add ons now without touching busy box. Il let you know how it works out.

Upvote 0
Ok guys heres my verdict.

I restored my Back up i made of wolfs rom in xRecovery before flashing the addons.
At this stage wifi was working fine.
So i flashed the 3zip files in.
Now im on wolfs rom with bravia xLoud and all the google stuff.
Wifi is still WORKING.

My conclusion-
DON'T attempt to install busybox!

Keep in mind im not a professional at this stuff, but this worked for me.

Just try flashing the wolfbreak Rom again through xrecovery(if you didnt make a later backup) That should do the trick.

I hope i helped. Keep me posted on how it goes =) good luck guys.

Reactions: beau420
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones