• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WiFi hotspot

roadkill42

Android Expert
Jan 22, 2013
jonesbough tn
Once you are successfully rooted do the following and don't deviate from what I say here:

1. Download the latest Treve WIFI APK - here

2. You need to open the Wifi app, DO NOT START tethering or click the wifi symbol AT ALL on the initial launch. First, context/menu click to get the menu up, go to settings and set the settings to the following. You MUST set the FIRST setting I put here at the top of the list FIRST. You WONT see a couple of these options in the settings menu UNLESS you set the device-profile FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Device-Profile - Generic ICS/JB wlan0 AGAIN SET THIS FIRST
Setup Method - Auto
Fallback Tether - YES
Send Netd Max Client - YES
Enable Wifi encryption - YES
WiFi Driver Reload - YES
(don't check the second one though)
Keep Alive / Connection Check - YES
MSS Clamping - YES
Routing fix - YES

Exit settings, then turn the hotspot on for the first time. It will install the binaries and config, and should start for you without any errors. By default the app gives your hotspot an SSID AndroidTether and pw of abcdefghijklm.

Let me know how this works guys. sorry the link not workinv

that one won't work I need to not be in havoc I'm trying to get my tablet to work it's nextbook

You can use FoxFi connected to PdaNet (usb connection) to a laptop and activate wifi hotspot through PdaNet. Otherwise, sorry your out of luck for now.
There is also Open Garden which connects any two devices together over bluetooth and shares the internet connection. Requires the app to be installed on both devices. Just rip the apk from your Awe and put it on your tablet then set it up. Its a but wonky and has issues disconnecting the connection a lot, but it just might be my SIII. Give it a whirl, can't hurt to try

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones