• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Wifi passwords not saved on sg5

AfroSheen

Jan 19, 2012
NC
Losing wifi passwords on SG5 Here is my dilemma. I've rooted the phone and looked at the wpa_supplicant.conf file with Root Explorer. Now when I connect to my router the network shows up fine. The psk number is not the correct number/password that I put in.

The line says: psk- 5391587b25ee56324ed273114c137303. When ever I put the correct password in this is what shows up.

When I reboot the phone I have to enter the correct password and it connects but doesn't save it in the psk I believe.

I also have an Lg 8" tablet that I've rooted and when I look at the same file it shows the correct password.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW when I disconnect from the router and leave the house and return the phone will connect to the router.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones