• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi Selection Widget?

NYC Coyote

Apr 7, 2010
New York
Is there a widget for WiFi selection? I'm in a house with more than one that I use and jump from one to another....

The current widget only turns it on and off...and the WiFi defaults to connecting to the last connected.... not the strongest.

On a side note I have a dual band wireless-n router....the phone (if it is wireless n) only sees the 2.4 ghz spectrum...not the 5 (which is much faster and less interference). And in case anyone asks why you would need it....internal networking...Not for surfing the web.

Is there a widget for WiFi selection? I'm in a house with more than one that I use and jump from one to another....

The current widget only turns it on and off...and the WiFi defaults to connecting to the last connected.... not the strongest.

On a side note I have a dual band wireless-n router....the phone (if it is wireless n) only sees the 2.4 ghz spectrum...not the 5 (which is much faster and less interference). And in case anyone asks why you would need it....internal networking...Not for surfing the web.

I'm a big fan of WiFi Buddy

Upvote 0
The phone does not have wireless n enabled, it will come later on in a firmware update or via root. You should have the network setup so that the same band is broadcast over the whole house, you can do this with 2 or more routers connected and that way you'll go from router to router while you walk through your house and your connection will never miss a beat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones