• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi tether not working on cm7- FIXED!! 5/21/11

outkast25

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2011
can someone help me figure out why wifi tether is giving me errors? here is a pic of the show log. I dont know what the errors mean or how to fix them. thx p.s. Im running cyanogen7 and tiamat sbc kernel

688781c1.jpg

can someone help me figure out why wifi tether is giving me errors? here is a pic of the show log. I dont know what the errors mean or how to fix them. thx p.s. Im running cyanogen7 and tiamat sbc kernel

688781c1.jpg

What i did to fix the error is after tryed to turn on wifi tether and got the error i simply restarted my phone and the problem was solved.

Upvote 0
Reactions: outkast25
Upvote 0
were you able to resolve it? were you on cm7? tiamat?

Yep yep and yep......it was 3.0 that fixed it.
every time I use any thing below that I would test my wifi tether out and it would fail. And then it would cause just turning on wifi to fail.... causing me to have to restore...to working state. but when I started using 3,0 no more problems

Reactions: outkast25
Upvote 0
I can access the wifi hotspot via my desktop computer however I am not able to view any internet pages.
Okay, to test connectivity, click start, run and type cmd from there type ping google.com
if you have connectivity, it will say pinging (some IP address) and then at the end it will give you 4/4 or something. (successful pings)

If you cannot do this, it means that you are connecting it as Ad-hoc, (device to device) and there is no gateway. As an example, when I connect my ipod to my laptop to ssh into it, i connect via an ad-hoc network. There is no connectivity from my computer to the internet and no internet to my ipod.

Does your phone have data service when you connect?

Reactions: dallas1scholar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones