• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wildfire, 3.com and the modem

birdseye

Lurker
Sep 5, 2010
About to buy a wildfire on 3.com but they say in the small print "You can't use your internet allowance to use your phone as a modem." MY hobby is sailing and when on my boat I need to be able to connect my phone to the laptop to download weather charts on the big screen.

I asked 3.com what they meant by this and the guy I was speaking to said they couldnt stop me connecting via the usb lead but my 1GB allowance would be used up very quickly. OK is thats the correct story but is it? Or will the software stop me using the phone in the way I want.

Dont want to sign on the dotted line and then have an argument with 3 so can anyone confirm that in practise they can link their phone to a laptop and view the www.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones