• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will some one please make full tut or vid tut on how to restore stock

moneyv7

Lurker
Jan 22, 2011
I bricked my metro by installing the cricket update and have tried to fix problem.

Will some one please make full tut or video tut on how to restore the hauwi ascend back to stock.

Including what programs you need and how to install those programs the method below has been said to work but what exactly do i need to this i have driven myself crazy please some o a full in depth tut please i have been up 8 hours straight
Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers
THIS from

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

If you follow the instructions it does work.

I would suggest you look at the Huawei manual so you know what buttons you are supposed to be pushing when you turn your phone back up.

End + volume down. (hold these down first) then power on.

Also make sure that you open the .bat file with your respective computer system.

The first time I tried it, I accidentally did the .exe file and it didn't work. then opened the .bat file and magically everything happened. NO more Bricked phone.

Upvote 0
If you follow the instructions it does work.

I would suggest you look at the Huawei manual so you know what buttons you are supposed to be pushing when you turn your phone back up.

End + volume down. (hold these down first) then power on.

Also make sure that you open the .bat file with your respective computer system.

The first time I tried it, I accidentally did the .exe file and it didn't work. then opened the .bat file and magically everything happened. NO more Bricked phone.

omg you are correct thank you o much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones