• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will The G1 Have Push Instant Messaging?

TSOFLYYUP

Lurker
Sep 13, 2008
i heard them mention that aol im is on the fone but is it a third party app and will it have push? i mean imma sidekick user so i rely heavily on my instant messaging so if it wont be a similiar experience i think ill have to pass....

dude also said it requires a voice plan...which i do not want to tlk on the G1...i have a second line with a standard flip fone...

but yea im just wondering if anyone knows about how the instant messaging will run all they showed was google talk which seem'd to had push notification...but yea if anyone could give me the heads up! becuz aim on iphone and other fones suck

IM is always push. so yes.

if you meant e-mail, then yes. it will feature push gmail. IMAP and POP3 will be pull, like on any other device... you will get notified, but it wont be instant like with push technology; the device will automatically check your email every 5, 10, 20 or so minutes.

if you want your email pushed, best bet is to forward it to your gmail account, or just wait until a full featured email client is developed for the device.

Upvote 0
No im not talkin about EMAIL im talking about AIM instant messenger. Can i run AIM and leave it running in the background...and will it have push notification?

will i still receieve my aims if im doin other stuff on my G1.....if i lose signal will i lose any of my aims? like i said imma sidekick user..and i kno no other phone has an reliable aim like sidekicks...cuzthe iphone still LACKS instant messenging

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones