• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the unlocked phone 'lock back' to previous service network provider on 'Factory Data Reset'

Hello Friends, I'm new to this website. I do apologize if I'm posting my question on the a Wrong Thread.

My Friend has MTag Phone which was originally on MTS network, unlocked and registered now with other provider - Reliance CDMA.

I've logged in with my Google Account and now I'm not getting any option to LOGOUT from my Google Account and keeps on syncing my CONTACTS, PHOTOS, GMAIL ACCOUNT.

Can you help me about the info:
- If I do a 'Factory Data Reset', (SETTINGS> PRIVACY > FACTORY DATA RESET > RESET PHONE) will this LOCK back to original service provider MTS? Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to android forums .As for doing a factory reset this should be fine ,the service provider is the one who has the IMEI number .. As for google , go into ur settings the accounts and sync . In the top right corner there is a on - off button , if this is on you will need to go through each one of your accounts
( if you have multiple ) say for instance more than one gmail , live account ,yahoo , picasa , facebook , etc , etc . As I was saying go through and select or deselect what you want to have synced or unsynced.Hope this helps . Please click on the link below and read through there is much info about our site ,Thanks for joining .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones