• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root will upgrading my blackflip from 1.5 to 2.1 lock my phone?

lock your phone? I don't understand

So far as much as I have heard, nobody has bricked the phone from the update (unless they are not paying attention and try to flash back to 1.5; so don;t do it). It will sim lock your phone (which means it will be lock so only an AT&T sim card works. You will have to get the phone unlocked so you can use a non-AT&T sim if you upgrade. If that does not answer the question, please explain what you mean by lock...

Upvote 0
I recently updated from the official Backflip Android 1.5 to the official 2.1. Is the rooting process for 1.5 users only, or would I still be able to root from 2.1?

Also, how is the custom rom support for Backflip? It seems like few people really care about doing anything for this phone, so is a custom rom even worth it?

Upvote 0
i updated to 2.1 from 1.5 and it actually runs pretty good but sometime its slow now.
frequent hangs on one screen force closes a little more. wish i had left it at 1.5 id wait. for the offical update to come out if i had to do over anyone know is there a recamended amount of free space to have on sd card? could that make my phone run slow now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones