• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you buy the Huawei Nexus 6P?

Seriously considering it. For all of you folks with the smarts out there, which one of the following is VZW's network? This is from the 6P tech specs...

· GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

· UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8

· CDMA: BC0/1/10

· LTE (FDD): B2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/30

· LTE (TDD): B41

· CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
I plan on getting this, but not right away. Need to save up (I want the 128GB model). My Nexus 5 is still doing so well, it's hard to justify, but I think somewhere between Xmas and next Spring, I'll break down. I'm hoping for Xmas, ;)

Of course, the value of waiting is I really want to see some both in-depth and after-using-it-awhile reviews and posts here to make sure it really is as good as it seems.

Reactions: kwaping
Upvote 0
It looks like Huawei will offer a payment plan bit at a really high interest rate. I'm really tempted by the 6p but I'm just not sure it offers a huge upgrade from my note 4. I think this has been a pretty disappointing year for Android phones thanks in no small part to the problems with the snap810 processor.

I'm still holding out hope that a premium phone will come in the next 6 months with a removable battery, but that's looking more and more unlikely these days :/

Upvote 0
It looks like Huawei will offer a payment plan bit at a really high interest rate. I'm really tempted by the 6p but I'm just not sure it offers a huge upgrade from my note 4. I think this has been a pretty disappointing year for Android phones thanks in no small part to the problems with the snap810 processor.

I'm still holding out hope that a premium phone will come in the next 6 months with a removable battery, but that's looking more and more unlikely these days :/

As was mentioned above, Google offers a payment plan if you use it on Project Fi. There is another thread where someone claimed to have signed up last night and received their invite for Project Fi today.

Reactions: beledi
Upvote 0

I can't find that information on their website or even a option to buy

Upvote 0
Huawei's payment plan option is called Affirm.

Affirm loans are designed with your budget in mind. By offering flexible and manageable payments,
you can choose to pay back your loan in 3, 6, or 12 months. Loan rates vary from 10-30% APR
depending on your credit. Actual rates will be clearly displayed at time of checkout.

When you go to check out at http://www.gethuawei.com/, the Payment Information step will let you choose to "buy with monthly payments."
upload_2015-10-1_8-54-13.png

Upvote 0
Huawei's payment plan option is called Affirm.

When you go to check out at http://www.gethuawei.com/, the Payment Information step will let you choose to "buy with monthly payments."
View attachment 94736
Wow.. So for a 64gb no offer of a protection plan like Google offers. 12 months @ $50.(roughly) A month. Nah.. I'll wait for at&t to get it in or wait till February/march uncle Sam money..

Upvote 0
Wow.. So for a 64gb no offer of a protection plan like Google offers. 12 months @ $50. Starting.. Nah.. I'll wait for at&t to get it in.

Just realize that, at this time, there is no announced plan for the carriers to sell the Nexus phones. I don't think anyone is saying that it definitely won't happen but, if it does, it will likely be sometime next year.

Upvote 0
Yes Please, I feel in love with my Huawei Ascend D2 (the rival to xperia) and I love the phone.nd I don't understand while basic splash proof dust proof shock proof aren't on high end phones as a standard (ip 57 or 67 I think)
Love it, but I am in Australia and I can't see (from store.google.com). I would love one of these.

Especially as I am know study CEH.

Kind Regards
ShenLun

Upvote 0
Sorry...

I would never buy anything from Huawei...

leave them to boost mobile, and Walmart's straight talk...

I am very sad that Google went with such a low end company...
I would've loved to have seen Samsung take a crack at a Nexus again...

Chances are Huawei making little to nothing (or a loss) here as an opportunity to get into the high end game. Win for google with a premium phone. Win for Huawei to improve their brand image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones