• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Win a Google IO 2012 Ticket!" Who won the contest?

I'm wondering if anyone has won the "Win a Google IO 2012 Ticket!" contest. The winner was supposed to be contacted and validated on June 5th (the conference is June 27-29), but no news has come about as to who the winner is.

I'd like to get back to writing my app and not checking my email/Phandroid every 5 minutes (although, I'm sure this isn't a bad thing for Phandroid : ) ).

Congratulations to the winner if one has already been chosen. I'd just like to know either way.

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/01/contest-win-a-google-io-2012-ticket/

Best Regards,

Ryan Quellet
APPerfection, LLC

I definitely intend to stick around. I've got one app, VR Mobile, that has 12,000+ downloads on Android and another one, BlueBox, that is in Beta.

I'll post the VR Mobile app in the released apps forum and BlueBox in the Beta release forum. Phandroid really is a great place to get exposure for our apps. The contest helped lure me here, but I'm here to stay : ).

Upvote 0
I will check into this, but a few days back we had a bit of a problem with the site that has left us with a number of high priority issues. Not using that as an excuse - but I know it is keeping Rob stressed and preoccupied. Heck, he even cancelled a conference call I was to have with him Saturday due to it.

Will let you know hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Reactions: Xyro and Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Georgina Halfkenny from Rheti was our winner. We've held off making an announcement because we wanted to ensure she could attend and the transfer would go through properly. Look for a post today or tomorrow making that official.

We've still got some cool contests to come, so stay tuned!

Upvote 0
Georgina Halfkenny from Rheti was our winner. We've held off making an announcement because we wanted to ensure she could attend and the transfer would go through properly. Look for a post today or tomorrow making that official.

We've still got some cool contests to come, so stay tuned!

Thanks for the reply Rob and congratulations to the winner!

Be sure to let us know about these upcoming contests.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones