• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless charger recommendations

thequeenscheese

Android Expert
Nov 8, 2010
Hi, I currently use a Samsung
ep-pn920
fast charger but the last 2 phones I've had s9 and now the s20fe (the s20fe in particular) it's becoming tedious that I have to get the phone mm perfect on the charger to get it charging without the dreaded flashing blue light and it cutting out /turning off etc.
Yes my phone is in a case but not a big metal 360 type which I used to have and that's what I'd put the issue down to, but a basic shell cover type.
What's a better upgrade for a wireless charger that people are using?
Or is it more a modern phone issue with smaller coils?

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
does your case have a magnetic kickstand? i had to switch cases because the magnet that keeps the kickstand from popping out was preventing my phone from wirelessly charging properly. i switched cases and it is much easier to charge.

i use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Wireless-Charger-Compatible/dp/B08FBFJDQ1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DDJ5NVN16CVK&keywords=samsung+wireless+charger&qid=1651808503&sprefix=samsung+wireless+charger,aps,160&sr=8-5

No this case used to have a clip in type stand hich has fallen off some time back, tbh when I upgraded to this charger from the old flat square type it was always fiddly and need precise phone location compared to its predecessor, I think it's just generally rubbish, and the design /money saving of maybe a smaller coil in the newer phones doesn't help..

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones