• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wireless charging

I grabbed the Nokia from an AT&T store as well. It is kind of weird that you have to put the phone kind of low on the charger to get everything lined up (i.e. the center of the charger needs to align with a spot higher than the center of the phone), but once you get used to that, it seems to charge pretty well, and I haven't noticed any heat issues other than a mild warmth.
The only bad thing is that since the Nokia shuts off when the phone is charged, it messes with my Tasker sleep profile which shuts off the ringer except for specific contacts if it is night time and the phone is charging. Once the charger shuts off, it triggers my exit task and turns the ringer back on!

Upvote 0
The only bad thing is that since the Nokia shuts off when the phone is charged, it messes with my Tasker sleep profile which shuts off the ringer except for specific contacts if it is night time and the phone is charging. Once the charger shuts off, it triggers my exit task and turns the ringer back on!

Well, there is a task in the assist app that can silence except for favorite contacts between two certain times. You could use that instead of the Tasker profile.

The assist action puts a notice in the notification pull down along with a tap area that says "I'm not sleeping" so you can turn the action off when you need the ringer on during the sleeping time block.

Upvote 0
You work in a Verizon Store and don't have it yet? Egads man, get on it :)

Verizon does carry the Incipio (not the other brand, that was a HUGE typo) Ghost 100 charger, but NOT any charging backs - not for any brand that doesnt already come ready with it. You have to order it, they are sent Economy, which means USPS. They tell you it takes 1 to 3 days, actually takes 4 to 7 days according to USPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones