• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wireless printing using wireless tethering?

MoebusNet

Dec 25, 2010
(SOLVED) I access the Internet exclusively through my Verizon HTC Incredible using my Dell D800 notebook. I have a Samsung ML-2152W laser printer with built-in wireless card that I would like to be able to print to wirelessly. My Incredible tethers wirelessly only with WPA2 encryption while the printer is only capable of WEP.

Any ideas to make this work?

Edit: I couldn't get ad-hoc networking to work, so I wound up getting my old Buffalo Airstation G54 wireless router back from my mother's house. I have to tether via USB so I can connect wirelessly to the router which is wirelessly connected to the printer. Ugly, but it works. Still wish I could print wirelessly without needing the router.

I use FileLinx. It will connect to your PC from anywhere. So in your case it would send from android to your PC and auto print on your printer, providing your printer is the default on your PC. It does not matter if wireless or networked, so long as it is the default on the PC. Don't know if this works for you. Printershare costs money after a certain number of pages, I believe. Everything else is cloud-based, so the cloud servers know what you are printing etc.

Upvote 0
This may be more of a workaround, but google chrome will now do Google cloud printing, to allow printing from google docs to linked printers. Your printer needs to be attached to a computer running the Chrome browser, and I think you can only print google docs files. Once you access the mobile website for google docs, you can print to the linked printers.

Upvote 0
How about an app that you can print straight from your dinc to your wifi printer without having to turn on your pc? If you are gonna go thru all that mess might as well print from your pc.

No kidding ' print share does not currently support "Kodak ESP office 2150" if it did that's what I would use. I can't believe they haven't figered this out yet. Still looking for android print direct to wifi printer. Kodak needs to pull their collective heads out and offer printshare their drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones