• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless tether is the most amazing thing in years

I know this may sound like a stupid question, however, when and why would you need to "tether?"

very few questions are stupid (my 16yr old asks the stupid ones all the time)...

tethering comes in handy if your internet source is out but you still have 3g... in my case... I do a LOT of on call/after hours work for my job... I'm required to be near an internet source so I can remote into our clients servers and fix their problems.. this allows me to go anywhere I get a signal and still be able to connect to a server if needed... or if I'm at the airport and need to transfer a file or send an email through my work email (Lotus Notes YUCK!) but don't want to pay for the WiFi that they provide... I can tether...

the Wireless part allows you to provide internet to multiple WiFi devices at the same time... that's the one thing that wired tethering can't do...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones