• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless touchpad/keyboard with "Designer Habitat" TV box

I recently purchased an Android TV box branded as a "Designer Habitat Android network media player" - it's Allwinner A10 based and runs Android 4.0, google if you want to see more specs or what it looks like (since I can't post links yet). No idea who the original manufacturer is, but having done a bit of research it seems like it might be a variation on the "X-A10" by Shenzhen Xinyu technology (the menu looks the same, at least, from some pics I found).

I also have an Ortek PKB-1800 wireless touchpad/keyboard thingy (again you'll have to google for pics/info, sorry) - this worked fine on my previous (now broken) Android TV box but doesn't seem to register at all with this one. Standard USB mice do work, though.
I downloaded an app called "USB Device Info", which doesn't show anything connected on the Android tab, but on the Linux tab the device does appear on "sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1" and it is identified as a "WKB-2000 Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad", which is a similar product from the same manufacturer.

So, does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to get these two working together (if it's possible at all)?

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones