• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wisdom Teeth

sfbloodbrother

Extreme Android User
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago IL
Okay Hi all

I just felt like sharing this with people. Last Friday, I got surgery to have my wisdom teeth taken out.
So the surgery was actually easy, too easy in fact. The doctor was a middle aged doctor, which is a good thing. He had much experience with this and he really knew what he was doing. I'm saying that because he also works with people with a nearby University. Those people can preform the surgery, but that's where the horror stories come from. Though if you let a student do it, it will be free. My Grandma didn't let a student do it because she was a horror story.

The surgery was $2,000 or somewhere around that. And like I said, was easy. I went in, sat in a regular dentist chair. I was attached to some monitors so he would know how I'm doing, because I had to be asleep for this surgery. There was a blood pressure monitor, and a heart rate monitor to my finger and a pulse rate connected to my wrist. He sprayed my arm with this really cold thing. Like really cold, like taking dry ice and putting it to your arm. He said that I will be getting a bit dizzy about this time, and before I knew it, I woke up and the doctor said you are done. I was like WHAAAAATTT??? To me it really felt like 45 seconds. All I remember is the cold spray, and waking up. The rest of the hour under was wow.

The only thing I question was after the surgery they had me wait in the recovery room to watch a video of how to take care of myself after the surgery. I don't think that it was a good time to play the video, because I was still a bit high from the medication they gave me, so on the TV I was seeing the lady three times, and could barely understand anything they said on the video. The only thing I got from the video was that I was not suppose to drink from a straw.

The only bad part about this surgery was not the doctor or the surgery but is the stupid lady at Walgreens. She said I was not in the system for my medication, and that I had to wait. I had to wait an hour and 30 minutes for the pain medicine, which was hell!. Other than that, after the medication helped a lot, I been doing great.

I just felt like sharing my experiences with my favorite forum community. There's nothing anyone should be scared of for this kind of surgery, if you are getting it done by a professional doctor. Anyone else have any surgery experiences they would like to share?

Reactions: dustwun77
I got all four teeth removed last summer. I was immediately given Vicodin, promethazine and penicillin. I was high as a kite from the anesthetic and stoned off my butt from the Vicodin. Day four was the worst. I woke up with a splitting headache and took three Vicodin tablets. I was stoned off my butt even more. Unfortunately, the pain subsided to where I only needed ibuprofen.

Upvote 0
I just felt like sharing this with people. Last Friday, I got surgery to have my wisdom teeth taken out.
So the surgery was actually easy, too easy in fact.
Glad to hear your surgery went well. How are you doing now?

Anyone else have any surgery experiences they would like to share?
I have so many to choose from, it would take a year to chronicle all of them! :eek: My personal favorite was during the first operation on my broken ankle. I was wide awake for it. I ALWAYS refuse to be put under general anesthesia unless there's truly no way to avoid it; I hate having to relinquish control of my body, I hate being intubated, I hate being extubated, etc., so unless there's no choice--like my craniotomy--I always insist on being awake. So the anesthesiologist did the epidural and I went numb from the waist down very quickly. He got me situated on the table, got the oxygen cannula in my nose, and then asked what kind of music I like. I said I like a lot, but Queen is way up at the top of my list. So he sent someone to retrieve a CD from his locker--a Queen's greatest hits CD. He put that on in the OR and we listened to the incomparable Freddie Mercury and Queen, talked about Queen, talked about my [then current] Great Danes, a brother and sister I'd named Freddie Mercury and Queen, and had a great time. My mouth kept getting super dry due to the meds (sedation and anti-nausea), so he got a syringe, filled it with water, and occasionally squirted some in my mouth. All in all a FANTASTIC surgery! :D PS The anesthesiologist's wife is the doctor who delivered my primary care physician's babies. Small world!

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Glad your surgery went well!
I had mine out when I was 18. Took a Valium before going in to ease any nerves. When I got to the doctors office I felt drunk as hell! :eek:
They did the whole thing about counting backwards from 10 when they started the anesthesia. Yeah, I think I made it to 8 before passing out. I was super woozy when it was over. The nurse and my mom helped me out to the car. I had a ton of gauze in my mouth so I couldn't talk. Kept writing notes on paper and showing them to my mom saying "When do I get the drugs?!?!". :D
I was only proscribed Vicaprofen which is presumably Vicadin lite. Took it once and it messed with my stomach and I started throwing up. Yep, not good for those stitches. :(
After that, I just took ibuprofen for the next day and I was fine after that. Everything went quite smoothly. Have fun going back in to get your stitches cut out. :)

Upvote 0
I got all four teeth removed last summer. I was immediately given Vicodin, promethazine and penicillin. I was high as a kite from the anesthetic and stoned off my butt from the Vicodin. Day four was the worst. I woke up with a splitting headache and took three Vicodin tablets. I was stoned off my butt even more. Unfortunately, the pain subsided to where I only needed ibuprofen.
Well, I never got that high from the drugs they gave me. I did get a bit dizzy from one and I lost balance and fell once. I am on my last bottle of M357 and after that I will start taking IBProphen.
Glad your surgery went well!
I had mine out when I was 18. Took a Valium before going in to ease any nerves. When I got to the doctors office I felt drunk as hell! :eek:
They did the whole thing about counting backwards from 10 when they started the anesthesia. Yeah, I think I made it to 8 before passing out. I was super woozy when it was over. The nurse and my mom helped me out to the car. I had a ton of gauze in my mouth so I couldn't talk. Kept writing notes on paper and showing them to my mom saying "When do I get the drugs?!?!". :D
I was only proscribed Vicaprofen which is presumably Vicadin lite. Took it once and it messed with my stomach and I started throwing up. Yep, not good for those stitches. :(
After that, I just took ibuprofen for the next day and I was fine after that. Everything went quite smoothly. Have fun going back in to get your stitches cut out. :)
Wow. I'm glade I didn't actually puke, though I felt like I was going to at some points. The stitches they have me will dissolve after 3-4 days, and it's okay if they are consumed. So, stitches will not need to be removed.

But I am having a pain on my tooth, but that is one of the symptoms mentioned my my doctor. If it's still there when I go for the check up I'll tell him about it. Still in recovery a bit, I can't eat crunchy foods, and i can't open my jaw passed a certain point, but hopefully soon I will. Because when I'm better, going out to Steak N' Shake!!

Upvote 0
Glad to hear your surgery went well. How are you doing now?

I have so many to choose from, it would take a year to chronicle all of them! :eek: My personal favorite was during the first operation on my broken ankle. I was wide awake for it. I ALWAYS refuse to be put under general anesthesia unless there's truly no way to avoid it; I hate having to relinquish control of my body, I hate being intubated, I hate being extubated, etc., so unless there's no choice--like my craniotomy--I always insist on being awake. So the anesthesiologist did the epidural and I went numb from the waist down very quickly. He got me situated on the table, got the oxygen cannula in my nose, and then asked what kind of music I like. I said I like a lot, but Queen is way up at the top of my list. So he sent someone to retrieve a CD from his locker--a Queen's greatest hits CD. He put that on in the OR and we listened to the incomparable Freddie Mercury and Queen, talked about Queen, talked about my [then current] Great Danes, a brother and sister I'd named Freddie Mercury and Queen, and had a great time. My mouth kept getting super dry due to the meds (sedation and anti-nausea), so he got a syringe, filled it with water, and occasionally squirted some in my mouth. All in all a FANTASTIC surgery! :D PS The anesthesiologist's wife is the doctor who delivered my primary care physician's babies. Small world!

Wow. That sounded like you have a good time, completely ignoring what was going on with the surgery. Glade it went well!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones