• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wishing You Were Here (Album)

Second best? Well it will probably never be settled - is it second best, or the best? I just know that Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are two of the greatest recordings ever made. Classic, timeless, genius, brilliant, beautiful, all the terms used to describe great music apply. A lot of talent and great music came out of the '60s and '70s, but none any better than this.

GRAB IT! Then play it loud and on the best headphones or stereo equipment you can find!

And sorry, dontpanicbobby, it is Wish You Were Here.

Upvote 0
I grew up in the 60s-70s :rolleyes: and Wish You Were Here is my fave. There is a small club of us who understand there's more to music than notes from an instrument or vocal. What Syd did with an open mind (the small club thing) and a plethora of strange sounds is stuff of legends!
Shine On You Crazy Diamond...

In LA, CA the Griffith Park Observatory sits on a hill in Hollywood overlooking the expanse basin. In the mid to late 70s, on Fri/Sat nights we went to "Laserium" where the played the most out there Floyd (loud) with no vocals, and we tripped on the fledgling lights that danced on the ceiling of the big dome.

Peace on Earth and don't fly too high

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones