• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help won't boot

huggy_a

Lurker
Feb 2, 2011
Hi,

i left a mouse plugged into my zt-180 when i booted it up , and every since then , it stops just after displaying ht etext 'android....'

i've tried pressing the reset switch (or poking a paper clip in it, but all just the same)

when i look at how to completely reset the tablet, everything seems to say to do it through the menu - which i can't get to.

other instructions on the web seem to suggest 'flashing the rom', a process i understand to mean "put relevant files onto micro-sd, put in machine, switch on with volume - pressed"

only thing is, all the links I follow for the 'rom' files seem to be dead!

is there a less drastic way of either getting it to boot, or performing some form of reset (I'm more than happy to have it wiped and restored to its original state), or can somoen point me at the appropriate rom?

thanks,

andy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones