• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wont load new rom

seanyboii

Dec 19, 2010
Okay so about 3 months ago or so, i downloaded xtrsense 5.01 to my sd card and i tried to flash the rom and my eris booted into recovery and then said like "process failed" or "process aborbted" (i cant remember). I tried about 6 times and kept getting the same results. So i gave up. The only way i can flash roms is through ROM manager. My trackball scolls in all direction except for down -__- and I have absolutely no clue on how to download/install the recovery mod onto my phone that doesnt require a trackball.

Oh and im currently runnining xtrasense 4.5

Are you sure that you don't have a bad download of xtrSENSE5.0.1? Does the size of the file match the size reported by Zach.xtr? (It should be 117,127,390 bytes). Is the MD5 hash of the file that you downloaded matching this: 67abd6c555b726017586ad154e456041

(Use this app to calculate the MD5 of a file: https://market.android.com/details?id=sa.afv - the instructions for use are on that page. )

Upvote 0
I'm rooted, running xtrSENSE 4.5, and i still have the stock recovery. The one that requries a trackball. And i used 1-click root from the app market (months ago).

I just made an attempt on installing the non-trackball recovery menu. I followed the instructions and it didnt work. I'm bout ready to throw this phone out the window and get a blackberry.

Upvote 0
Are you sure that you don't have a bad download of xtrSENSE5.0.1? Does the size of the file match the size reported by Zach.xtr? (It should be 117,127,390 bytes). Is the MD5 hash of the file that you downloaded matching this: 67abd6c555b726017586ad154e456041

(Use this app to calculate the MD5 of a file: https://market.android.com/details?id=sa.afv - the instructions for use are on that page. )

I could possibly have a bad download. I initally thought that when it wouldn't switch roms and gave me that error message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones