• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wordfeud - multiplayer Scrabble for Android

I have completely fallen in love with this app, but I can't figure out how to resign from a game. I know they fall off if the opponent doesn't play for 72 hours, but that's just so long when I have multiple games going and it's cluttering up my screen. I have 2 games that are well over 48 hours, one of which the other person hasn't even made one play. I've had other people resign from my game when they had to wait an hour or two for me. Does anyone know how this is done?

Upvote 0
I have completely fallen in love with this app, but I can't figure out how to resign from a game. I know they fall off if the opponent doesn't play for 72 hours, but that's just so long when I have multiple games going and it's cluttering up my screen. I have 2 games that are well over 48 hours, one of which the other person hasn't even made one play. I've had other people resign from my game when they had to wait an hour or two for me. Does anyone know how this is done?

when it's YOUR turn, you're able to resign from the game. you can't resign if it's not your turn, or if 72 hours hasn't went by from inactivity.

Reactions: kyralacey
Upvote 0
You need to wait until it's your turn. While looking at your tiles press the menu key and choose resign.

Reactions: kyralacey
Upvote 0
I love this game. But Im kinda iffy on buying it b/c the price changes everyday. what is that about?

The developer is from a different country than you. the ~ in front of the price means that it is approximate and it changes depending on the exchange rate between your currency and the developers. If you buy the app, the exact price is calculated at that time and may be slightly different than what you see in the market.

Reactions: taz92
Upvote 0
So far, most of the random opponents I play resign by letting time expire. It seems the only way to keep some people in the game is to allow them to maintain a lead score. I'm not really concerned about winning, I'd just like to complete a game!

I did play someone named keith who was pretty good. My game ID is TruckeeVid.

Thanks...

Same here mate. I find there's a lot of people who are quick to play their moves while they are winning but as soon as you put down a 7 letter word ot hit up a nice triple word score they go all quiet and throw their toys in the corner.

:D

I don't care if I win or lose, I'll still finish the game. Just sent you an invite.

My ID is Rotwang.

Upvote 0
does anyone else have issues with too many of the same letters too often during the course of a game? I can guarantee that during any game, I'll get 4 i's and 3 a's at the same time.
I understand the randomness of this type of game but I think thats a little much when it happens 3 out of 4 games.. anyone?

otherwise, I love this game (one of my fav's) and with a little improvement, this game would be top notch

Upvote 0
does anyone else have issues with too many of the same letters too often during the course of a game? I can guarantee that during any game, I'll get 4 i's and 3 a's at the same time.
I understand the randomness of this type of game but I think thats a little much when it happens 3 out of 4 games.. anyone?

otherwise, I love this game (one of my fav's) and with a little improvement, this game would be top notch

Happens to me all the time, tons of i's, n's, L's, o's and u's. Still love the game, just have to do a lot of swapping!

Upvote 0

Just imagine how you opponent feels. If you have all those vowels, he/she does not.

Upvote 0

I've noticed that too. It seems like I'll get 4 e's, swap them out then get two of them back. With that said, I love this game. It's the only game I have that I'll constantly play.

Upvote 0
How can you get 758 points or even 189? WOW! Most I got was 90 something I think.. But anyway my sounds and notifications quit working awhile back and then started working again and now there out again. I love this game it's so addicting. I play a couple friends and work people and several random people.

I bought and Android internet tablet and I downloaded it logged in with same name as phone worked and then I saw it on my phone and then the next day my phone kept saying login failure and I couldn't play anymore on my phone. So I uninstalled both and reinstalled and just chose a different name on my Archos Tablet. Now I have more to play LOL! But it's so much fun and on my 10 inch tablet it's cool! I love this game.

Upvote 0
I have to say that you have done a really great job! I have been playing Wordfeud now for a couple of months and just love it. I was wondering, though, if there is a cheat option somewhere out there and here is why I ask. I am in the middle of a game with a friend and he just used ZIP. The I was on a DW tile and the P was already part of a previous word. With the Z being worth 10 the I worth 1 and the P worth 4, he should have gotten 30 points but somehow got 44 points. Any help as to what is going on??

Upvote 0
This is a great game that I enjoy very much. One feature it needs is the ability to end a game before either player has moved, if it is the other player's turn, or if you had the first go and have taken your turn. The reason for this is that so often I start a new game and the other player strangely never takes their turn, so the game sits there taking up space for 72 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones