• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery w/Review- add CBA result

I just ordered this for the hell of it. Hope it's good.

Same here,figured why not,as it's fulfilled by AMAZON & has a six month warranty.Since I'm upgrade-eligible for another phone in about six months anyway,the timing for a relatively inexpensive battery couldn't have been better.

Should deliver on 2/15/2013.If so,I'll charge it overnight & start the conditioning process this weekend & give a review on its performance by next Friday or Saturday.

Upvote 0
So the battery should arrive by February 19.....

Bought this battery. I'm going from my Hyperion extended battery to this one.

Mine too. I decided to take the plunge after reading all the positive customer reviews. At $30.25 after shipping, why not?

for $25 it's worth a try......

I bought one, mine should be here today, I'll report an give somewhat of a review.

This is great,the more the merrier.:D :party:

Hopefully everyone will be able to give a ballpark figure on what kind of battery life they're experiencing.

Upvote 0
no, i just took the the pics on the site and posted here. CBA results are done by me and wanna share but seems ppl don't appreciate it. though if some ppl like to see some photos i took here they are :)

2013_02_08_11_08_21.jpg

2013_02_08_11_07_31.jpg

2013_02_08_11_07_31.jpg

Upvote 0
Okay folks, at the moment at 1-day, 1-hour, 7-minutes, and 17 seconds on the battery leaving me with 26 percent left (isn't fully calibrated). This is with 4g on all the way, NO wifi, heavy use: watching flash video, youtube, surfing, facebooking, bluetooth connected ear piece with medium I was also backing up and flashing roms an testing them out but went back to my original rom... every time i backed up or flash my percentage barely didn't change at all lol.

Keep in mind that I am on a Touchwiz stock based rom with kind of a overwhelming amount of features an mods and the battery life wasn't the best on it in the first place an at the same time not the worst. I also have a few motion features running. I believe you can get At least 2 and a half to 3 days easy on a single charge for those who use cm10 or aokp those open source type of roms because of how they burn much less than a touchwiz setup.

Zerolemon 6300 mah battery samsung galaxy s3 - YouTube

This isn't my video but it will show you what I mean when I say this guy is correct about the sides of the back cover being a tad bit flimsy... BUT the back cover/case overall fits snugly, its not like it will fall off the phone or anything of that nature. Yes it adds a great deal of thickness and is thicker than the other extended batteries out there that have less charge than this one BUT that is the trade you have to deal with if you want everlasting life lol, the thickness DOES add a few grams of weight to it AND a better feel to the phone an add more comfort when surfacing an texting with it on its side. Flat surfaces are hard to grab... look at a baseball bat, there is a reason for it being round in girth an not flat like plywood.

This is a great battery for anyone who is a trucker or anyone that takes very long drives, its a real weekend warrior as someone stated already. I'm confident on a single charge down here in florida i can drive to new york without charging along the way using gps and streaming music. Or just anyone who is a away from their charger for an ex amount of hours. I recommend it in that case.

The down side is that case options will be absent of you make this your daily battery, at the moment there isn't any cases or belt/pocket holsters for this an I seriously doubt any of those will come about. The back cover it comes with also acts as a case because it covers the sides of the screen acting as a lip so when you put your phone face down the screen wont be touching the surface. NO KICKSTAND... for those that care about that so you would have to find some alternative to stand up the phone to watch whatever.

Well that is my review, I wont be using this all the time but i also dont regret buying this since i will be taking long drives in the future an being away from a charger for hours at a time.

IF ANYONE can point me in the direction of a GOOD extended battery that can fit the extended seidio case with the kickstand. I have heard people are buying 4200 or 4000 batteries and they really aren't what the say, i really dont wanna get jipped!!!!

Thanks an take care.

Upvote 0
@Heavyweight; Might I suggest the EZOpower battery from Amazon? I get phenomenal life out of mine, was cheap, has nfc and its strong. I'm on month 4 with mine and its still getting stronger. I had a light use week, light texting, couple of calls, no lte, no wifi. I got nearly a week outta mine. It fits under the seidio case just fine.

Reactions: Heavyweightgd6
Upvote 0
Thanks, I saw some reviews on it on amazon about the 4200mah, an two people said it doesn't last as long as it use to, an other claim its does well for them. I cant seem to find a straight answer if it has NFC, do you know? It seems like buying these things are a gamble smh...

I'm just looking for something that can give me a day and a half charge with 4g on the entire time with the case and holster combo from seidio(even though its over priced as hell!), I don't mind charging only once a day. I agree with @nyrmetros, they put soooo much into the phone but what about battery technology??? Why cant a phone of this caliber have a battery such as the droid razor maxxx? I personally don't like turning off data and a whole of the extra we have to do in order to just to have a day of charge. In my field of work(Prisoner Transport) I am on the road constantly changing vehicles an things of that nature an don't want to have to lug around an extra battery or a charger every single place I have to travel to.

But a Phone is very dire for me so I have to do what I have to, but hell i hope these companies take notice an stop force feeding people a phone with the new model always right around the corner an instead putting more focus on making them better in areas where these things lack... THEN we can move on and bring out new models. But i guess technology doesn't work that way... because that would be bad for THEIR pockets.

Reactions: wraithevolution
Upvote 0
Thanks, I saw some reviews on it on amazon about the 4200mah, an two people said it doesn't last as long as it use to, an other claim its does well for them. I cant seem to find a straight answer if it has NFC, do you know? It seems like buying these things are a gamble smh....

It does indeed have NFC but they also have one without it for a little cheaper. As with anything, especially batteries, there are sure to be duds. I've had mine for a long time as well now but mine is still going strong. A lot of people are quick to blame problems on the battery before making sure it's not something else. JB messed with a lot of people's battery life and it was as simple as a factory reset to take care of that. Under hard use, I can easily make it through a day on this battery. On the extreme other side, under light use, I can go over 6 days! Now note, I don't live in a LTE area and I work from home. So I've had stretches where I don't use it much and then others where I hammer it, just depends on my schedule.
All that aside, I really wish I could make the seidio case work with the Zerolemon. I know I could get it to work if I did some cutting but as well all know, seidio cases aren't cheap. I don't have the money to do some test cutting.

The EZOpower battery I bought;
Amazon.com: EZOPower High Capacity Replacement Extended Battery 4000mAh + 2 Door (Blue / White) for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III i9300 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular) Android Phone - NFC Enable for S BEAM AND Google Wallet: Cell Phones & Ac

Reactions: Heavyweightgd6
Upvote 0
My ZeroLemon battery just came in today (ahead of schedule). The instructions say to ONLY use the original charger to charge the battery. Problem is, 12 hours is an awfully long time to not be able to use my phone. I do have an external battery charger though, and I'm wondering, has anybody ever gotten away with using an external battery charger with any of their extended batteries?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My ZeroLemon battery just came in today (ahead of schedule). The instructions say to ONLY use the original charger to charge the battery. Problem is, 12 hours is an awfully long time to not be able to use my phone. I do have an external battery charger though, and I'm wondering, has anybody ever gotten away with using an external battery charger with any of their extended batteries?

Yes,I have one that is available from GORILLA GADGETS specifically for their 4500 extended battery.While it will charge it,don't expect it to be ready for use for 18-24 hrs,for the initial charge that they recommend.

Upvote 0
The only thing holding the phone together is a tpu case?

Yes and it holds tight. It's a good idea rather than those flimsy covers on other extended batteries

+1 The case fits good & snug,w/o the gapping along the sides that is demonstrated in the YOUTUBE video.It has a matte finish,to ensure a solid grip.

Again, some people like myself prefer a thicker phone as they are actualy more comfortable when holding..... A super ginormous battery is more important to some of us than the sleekest thinnest phone possible.

+1 Count me among those who actually prefer a bit of bulk to the phone,for the fit in hand & just like the feel of a bit more weight compared to stock.

Got mine today & charging it up overnight.Will report back here tomorrow evening w/initial results.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Does it matter if its an unbranded charger that came free along with 2 standard batteries from eBay?

As long as the battery fits, it shouldn't matter, just be prepared for a looooooong charging time when going from 0-100%.

Mine came w/a pre-charge of about 50% & I had it on my .5amp charger (from GORILLA GADGETS). As it usually takes about 12 hrs to charge the GG 4500 mAh battery from 0-100%,I opted to remove it from the external charger & installed it on the phone. About 2.5 hrs later, it was charged to 100%, using the stock SAMSUNG charger.

Bottom line :

No harm in using the external charger, however, charge times will generally be much longer w/most available external chargers for the SGS III batteries.

Charge times will be much shorter using the stock OEM charger. Also, the battery manufacturer (ZEROLEMON) states to use only the stock charger, no doubt due to warranty issues regarding the ZEROLEMON battery.

Upvote 0
Day One usage:

Been off charger for 15 hrs & sitting @ 51%,w/normal use during a 12 hr workday(light to medium use,everything on)but,an extremely weak 3G/WI-FI connection for the day).

A quick guess & I'd say this would make it through a 24 hr. day of moderate use w/a strong 3G/WI-FI connection.

I'll post some off-work day results in mid-week,provided I'm finished w/the 5 conditioning cycles @that time.

Hope everyone else is/will experience similar,or,even better results.I'm already considering selling my GORILLA GADGETS 4500 & MUGEN 4600 & getting another ZEROLEMON 6300,this thing is THAT good.:rock:

Besides,no other case/cover will fit this behemoth:hahaha:,barring some modifications to one's case/cover of choice.

Upvote 0
After just under 10 hours in on day 1, 2.5 hours screen time, 4 hours of Bluetooth music streaming, and data on all day, I'm still at 70%. I'm SHOCKED! I never knew type of battery life was even possible! Normally I should be getting a "low power" warning by now.

I'm about to give ZeroLemon their 5-star rating right about now...

Let's reserve judgment for at least a month of continuis use.... Imo.... Good reports on day 1 for you so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones