• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery w/Review- add CBA result

If I was never near an electrical outlet I might consider an extended battery, but, for $2 I have a USB adapter in my car and have plenty of outlets in my house and at work so I don't see any advantage to making my phone a boat, and I don't use my phone constantly enough to want the extra weight in my pocket. The aftermarket case on the original size phone makes it heavy enough.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Second full charge here isn't holding up like the first, down to 80% within 1.5 hours, but doesn't seem to be dropping as quickly now.

Checked for wake locks etc

Meh

Update

Must have been some kind of kink in the battery, unplugged at 9am, 9pm now sitting at 56% with 5 hours of on screen.

I've heard/read that indicated battery % fluctuates when using this battery,especially when you get down to 15% or below,possibly :questionmark: due to the nature of the construction of the battery,essentially three separate batteries wired/connected together.

After about six weeks of using this battery,I've found that leaving the charger on the phone for at least a couple of hours after the phone says that it's charged gets the best result,waiting until you see both the icon appear in the left corner of the notification bar showing a full charge & the message on the lockscreen that says "charged".

FWIW,I'd uninstall any 3rd party indicating apps (GSAM/BBS,etc..) & to a lesser degree,not worry about the stock battery usage app & get back to what the whole smartphone experience is supposed to be:Enjoying your phone.:D

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
I've heard/read that indicated battery % fluctuates when using this battery,especially when you get down to 15% or below,possibly :questionmark: due to the nature of the construction of the battery,essentially three separate batteries wired/connected together.

After about six weeks of using this battery,I've found that leaving the charger on the phone for at least a couple of hours after the phone says that it's charged gets the best result,waiting until you see both the icon appear in the left corner of the notification bar showing a full charge & the message on the lockscreen that says "charged".

FWIW,I'd uninstall any 3rd party indicating apps (GSAM/BBS,etc..) & to a lesser degree,not worry about the stock battery usage app & get back to what the whole smartphone experience is supposed to be:Enjoying your phone.:D

no gsam here, bbs yes though only used to detect wake locks :cool:

Found out this morning about the fluctuation, went to sleep with it at 17%, woke up with it sitting at 32% :p

Had a strange bug too yesterday when I did a reboot, showing its been off charger for 23 hours when it's actually been close to 26 hours :p

I roll with the elago slim case. The commuter was too bulky for me :cool:

always had my 3vo in a commuter, gs3 in a defender until I got this beast of course :p prefer a thick device over a bone skinny device any day ;)

A friend of mine has one of those on her GN2.She never complains about it being too big........:p

:rofl:

Upvote 0
Second full charge here isn't holding up like the first, down to 80% within 1.5 hours, but doesn't seem to be dropping as quickly now.

Checked for wake locks etc

Meh

Update

Must have been some kind of kink in the battery, unplugged at 9am, 9pm now sitting at 56% with 5 hours of on screen.
This is pretty common. It probably took a huge drop within minutes of unplugging it. Unfortunately, you can't always trust the battery reading because the phone isn't designed to deal with a battery like this so it's not always accurate.

I've had the opposite happen where after a lot of heavy use (like using GPS) the battery charge will go up after I'm done.
If I was never near an electrical outlet I might consider an extended battery, but, for $2 I have a USB adapter in my car and have plenty of outlets in my house and at work so I don't see any advantage to making my phone a boat, and I don't use my phone constantly enough to want the extra weight in my pocket. The aftermarket case on the original size phone makes it heavy enough.
I have no idea whatsoever why you wasted your time typing this in this thread :thinking:

I read it a couple more times to make sure I didn't miss something of value, and I'm more baffled than the first time...

Upvote 0
This is pretty common. It probably took a huge drop within minutes of unplugging it. Unfortunately, you can't always trust the battery reading because the phone isn't designed to deal with a battery like this so it's not always accurate.

I've had the opposite happen where after a lot of heavy use (like using GPS) the battery charge will go up after I'm done

It probably had to do with me unplugging not long after it hit 100

But I can't complain, but wanted something to get me through the day without having to carry a charger with me.

28 hours so far with 10% left. Gonna see if I can stretch it through tonight.

Upvote 0
It probably had to do with me unplugging not long after it hit 100

But I can't complain, but wanted something to get me through the day without having to carry a charger with me.

28 hours so far with 10% left. Gonna see if I can stretch it through tonight.

Look for the 2nd battery icon to pop-up in the notification bar roughly 2 hrs or so after the screen & battery page indicates 100% (on the left side,as you're looking @ the phone).So,there'll actually be 2 separate battery icons in the notification bar once the "real" full charge occurs.

Upvote 0
I bought the battery and here are my thoughts.

I used the hyperion which I liked a lot, but the way the back and case was shaped with the camera inset it was distorting my pictures. It had to go.

I was not expecting the Zerolemon to have a nice case versus the hyperion, but I was wrong. The case is a very nice, clean tpu.

The phone feels like the weight of a brick, but does not feel big. Only heavy. I think it's the perfect size for someone that wants a little weight to their phone.

The battery life is second to none. Directions say to bring it down to 2% prior to first full charge. Yeah, right. See you three days later I said screw it and put it on the charger at 8%. You will not kill this battery in one day, ever.

My only issue, one I have heard from others after some research is the signal. I think since the battery is bigger than the phone it is covering some parts of antenna. Although I have not noticed any issues when on calls or surfing Internet, my speed tests are much lower on download speeds and wifi.

Final verdict is, if you are not noticing signal issues that hinder performance and don't mind a little weight on your phone then this is the battery. Nothing comes close to the build or the performance.

I have not decided yet between daily driving the slim phone with an extra battery in my pocket, or the Zerolemon. Whatever I decide, the battery is a keeper. Think of it like wearing a suit vs a winter coat. Both are great and both are great to have. This is the only extended battery I would recommend.

Upvote 0
Look for the 2nd battery icon to pop-up in the notification bar roughly 2 hrs or so after the screen & battery page indicates 100% (on the left side,as you're looking @ the phone).So,there'll actually be 2 separate battery icons in the notification bar once the "real" full charge occurs.

The custom rom I'm on doesn't have that feature so I'll just have to guess when it's truly fully charged or just let it charge over night :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones