• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would it be possible to get an all things root forum for the US Cellular GS3?

Shotgun84

Extreme Android User
May 30, 2011
Cambridgeshire, England
I've noticed a few threads on rooting the us cellular variant of the gs3 but there's no dedicated forum for them. I've been moving them to the Sprint all things root as the root method is the same but I can see that getting confusing as the amount of members with the usc increases. Despite the same root method the two devices use different kernels and roms so we could be running the risk of a few bricks phones.

Despite the same root method the two devices use different kernels and roms so we could be running the risk of a few bricks phones.

I think this warrants a separate ATR section as I would rather help folks by moving them to the correct forum than unbricking because someone forgot to mention that a Rom or Kernel was for a specific device.

Also, there could be different root methods in the future depending on when the carrier rolls out updates. Just my $0.02:)

Reactions: davoid and MAD-MAX
Upvote 0
I would love to have access to a forum section for the carrier I will be using. There would be nothing worse than getting a new phone and flashing a rom only to have it brick my phone because it was made for the S3 for verizon or sprint, etc. If there are clear differences then it seems a separate forum for US Cellular customers would not only be good, but necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones