• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

would love to see it...but is it possible?

i'm a big fan of mythbusters and i'll bet that many of your are too. i like all those high speed camera shoots and i was thinking if would it be possible to make an app to use the camera to shoot high speed videos. i'm not thinking like pofesional high speed video (those go up to milions of fps) but more like up to 1000 or 500.
the desire should be able to shoot hd 720p video (lets hope with the next update) and maybe would be possible to to make lower resolution high speed videos. i think the cpu is enough ...but would the camera be able ?

would really love to see an app to do this.

The thing you have to think is, to do high speed shots on a DSLR, there are actually moving parts that do this, direct the light to the sensor for a set period of time. It would also depend how good the image sensor is. It needs the ability to capture the image with as little light as possible. I'm sure the camera could be imporved with software but it ultimately comes down to hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones