WTH Help BRICKED

1. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

flashed phone now network unknown, imei unknown, everything unknown. what can i do/ flash to get my boost carrier back?

Advertisement
  2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

You need to set the APN to your carrier's requirements.
  3. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

ok....how ?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Setting your APN won't give you the IMEI etc back, all APN's do is control data and MMS.

When you say "Flashed", have you flashed to another carrier, or have you flashed a ROM?
  5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

If you flashed a ROM, which one, with which recovery?
    El Presidente likes this.
  6. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

Sounds like your nvram got wiped. Were you trying to flash using the LG flash tool? A normal ROM flash shouldn't have been able to affect the NVRAM.

Unfortunately if your nvram did get wiped and you don't have a backup, there's pretty much nothing you can do to restore it.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  7. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

I used LG flash tool and flashed a Rom for the volt used everything like before. Can't recall exaltoy if it was for boost it virgin if that matters. If I can't restore for boost
    can it be used by another carrier?
  8. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

This is what I see

Attached Files:

9. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

There aren't any ROMs that you flash with the flash tool. The only thing you use the flash tool for is to downgrade to zv3 using the tot file, which isn't a ROM. What exactly were you flashing?

None of the ROMs here are carrier specific, so that doesn't matter.
  10. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

Would flashing the zv3 tot restore it? I mean, it would wipe everything, but it would fix it, right?
  11. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

What are you seeing on Settings > About Phone > Status?
    If the NVRAM has been lost then no flashing the tot wouldn't restore that. NVRAM is phone specific as it contains your serial number, aa key and other important stuff like that for connecting to the network.

I remember back when I was on the LG Optimus Elite, a certain way the LG flashtool was used, it was wiping people's NVRAM. It was determined once this happened there was no way to restore it without having a backup.
    bg4m3r likes this.
  12. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

This is what I see

Attached Files:

13. rbeezle

rbeezle Member

Thanks for for the responses. I do have backups. When trying to restore them I get error md5 mismatch.
  14. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

I've gotten that when flashing with cwm. Try flashing the zv4 ROM and radio from donjuro.
  15. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

That is a problem with the backup itself. It means that the data is somehow changed from how it was when it was created. Have you messed with the backup files? Are you restoring with the recovery that made them?
  16. Toxus

Toxus Member

One thing you could try is, if you were flashing using TWRP (as I see CWM is not supported well on this phone from threads here), is to do an Advanced Restore and restore lg-persist and efs partitions if it shows and allows doing them specifically. That should restore your modem partitions.