• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi, I just got an Xperia X10 a couple days ago and this is my first smart phone and android. I really like it so far, but I don't quite understand the update process. When I go to update my phone, it says I have the latest software already, but when I researched 2.1, it says that there would be 5 home screens now, and I only have to original 3. So in other words, I'm assuming I don't have 2.1 uploaded yet. Any ideas as to whether I do or not? And if I don't, how do I go about getting it?

Go to your settings menu, and 'About Phone'. Scroll down and it will tell you what version you're at. 2.1 is the latest and some carriers have different flavours of it. For example, I'm on Rogers and I only have 3 homescreens, but my wife is on Telus with a different phone and has 5.

Upvote 0
Whos your provider?

If your on AT&T 1.6 is the latest software they haven't released 2.1 for us.

Another thing if you want to try and update run SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service)

Heres the link just download run and follow the steps and it will tell you if your up to date or if 2.1 available for you.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1288152720/Update_Service_Setup-2.10.11.10.exe

Know if it says your up to date with 1.6 then the only way you can get 2.1 (thats if you don't want to wait for your provider to supply it) you can flash to 2.1 (THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY) you can go back to your original firmware should you need to take it in for repair (that is if the phone isnt in little pieces lol).

You can follow my guide here i will be updating it in a minute with the firmware that can backup your current firmware for a repair.

Step By Step Flahing 1.6 to 2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones