X10minipro is frustratingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. stek

stek New Member This Topic's Starter

I just purchased a X10 mini pro, the HW is really incredible BUT the OS is running an old version of Android.

A lot of new Android applications are currently unavaible.

Please sign the petition "Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 2.2 update":
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 2.2 update Petition

thanks
    Stefano

Advertisement
  2. galorin

galorin Member

I guess you missed the announcements, 2.1 will be coming to the X10 mini in Q3 of this year, which means assuming it isn't delayed, we should have it by the end of September, not the end of December, as the petition (which I did sign) states.

3. stek

stek New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, but on my last Nokia Symbian phone I was able to skype (with old fring) and to syncronize my contact/agenda with funambol.(these are only two examples).

My new sony ericsson with Android is not able to run theses application because is running a OLD Android version.

So I would like to have 2.1 NOW and 2.2 in september!

regards
    Stefano

4. spatuluk

spatuluk Well-Known Member

No Android phone can run Skype yet, even with 2.2 (or are you a Verizon customer?)

You can't just decide to add a new version of Android to a phone, and do it immediately - it takes months of development and testing for each phone. Most phones only got Android 2.1 a month or so ago, and only a handful of phones can currently run 2.2. A lot of phones will never run Android 2.1.

5. badassballer

badassballer Well-Known Member

You can use Apps like Nimbuz etc to run skype and all if you want to - and other messengers as well - and spatuluk is right - its still better then a lot of other phones out there !