• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

daviddakota

Jan 20, 2010
Yesterday was the day; I was headed to a local retailer to buy a Xoom 2. I had been looking forward to it and read a couple of reviews - but seemed to miss the part where the reviews said there was no 3G.

No 3G? Madness.

Has Motorola made any comments on why its lacking 3G - at least in the UK - and an expected date for a 3G version?

Personally, I see no point in 3g tablets. If you are an avid techie (like myself) then you already own a device that has hotspot capability, should you reqiure internet access on-the-go, and connect that way. If you have a tablet to replace your laptop/PC, then you understand you only have internet access where a hub or router is available. The price plans are rediculious for wireless dongles and SIM cards that ONLY have internet usages, and i wouldn't be happy paying for 2 contracts. Also the number of free wireless hotspots are increasing everyday all over the place so that's simthing else to bear in mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones