• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xoom and verizon 3g

jwwill0

Lurker
Mar 20, 2011
I finally got the xoom and have the month to month no contract verizon service. However, the one place I need 3g the most is in my office at work and I cannot get a good signal. It bounces between 3g, 1x, and no service constantly. It is only useable with extreme patience and sometimes that isn't enough. My at&t iPhone gets a good 3g signal here. Outside seems to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions other than to get a separate hotspot (not an option on my iPhone)?

Thanks

Good that you don't have a contract anyway. Is there anyone else who would benefit from a hotspot? Maybe you could go in and buy one together and split the cost?

My office is the opposite. I get a Verizon 3G signal fine, but we don't get an AT&T 3G signal consistently, which drives all the iPhone users nuts. Guessing a lot of them will be switching to Verizon now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones